HOC Coastal Bend Winter Texans Get Togethers

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Our Third Event of the Winter Season:

Pep's Restaurant
1807 US Highway 181
Portland, TX 78374, United States

January 24th, 2017 @ 5:30 pm CT

RSVP (no need for regrets) via this thread, our Facebook Event Page, or email me.

- - - Updated - - -

Our Second Event of the Winter Season:

Bakery Cafe
434 S Commercial St,
Aransas Pass, TX 78336, United States

January 18th, 2017 @ 9:00 am CT

RSVP (no need for regrets) via this thread, our Facebook Event Page, or email me.

Last edited:

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Bob,

Carol and I will be at all of planned events in January.
We look forward to it.

simsfmly

Thanks to those who have RSVP'd. Please remember if you're coming to RSVP (no need for regrets) by Wednesday (1/11/17) by noon CT.

See you then!

Our First Event of the Winter Season:

Moondog Seaside Eatery
100 N Casterline Dr
Rockport, TX 78382, United States

January 12th, 2017 @ noon CT

simsfmly

Currently have 8 for lunch tomorrow. Please RSVP by noon today. Thanks!

Thanks to those who have RSVP'd. Please remember if you're coming to RSVP (no need for regrets) by Wednesday (1/11/17) by noon CT.

See you then!

cjhersh

We had a great time at breakfast with the Coastal Bend group, but I can't post the pictures yet. I will upload them later today.

Attachments

• Texan Coastal Bend Sm.jpg.jpeg
    Texan Coastal Bend Sm.jpg.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Everything should be a go for this. Thanks to all for their understanding about the last two weeks. See you then!

Bob - sorry for your loss. Welcome back to the Coastal Bend and thanks for all you do for the HOC there and in Ohio. Hope Connie and the pups are well.

simsfmly

Bob - sorry for your loss. Welcome back to the Coastal Bend and thanks for all you do for the HOC there and in Ohio. Hope Connie and the pups are well.

Thanks, Jim.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget lunch tomorrow at Paradise Key.

Our next event is scheduled for February 9, 2017 at Moby Dick's for breakfast at 9A.

Breakfast on the Island!

RSVP (no need for regrets) by 2/8/17 either by posting below or on our FB page for this event.

Hope to see a big turnout!

simsfmly

Beautiful morning here on the island. No fog, so ferry should be running smoothly. See you at Moby's!

simsfmly

Connie and I have been here for a couple of weeks. It's devastating what Hurricane Harvey did to our little area. Until you actually see it, pictures, videos, descriptions, don't do it justice.

However, every trip into Port A, Rockport, Aransas Pass we see something a little better. It's definitely going to be a slow go. Right now, I would characterize most restaurants as either

• open
  • open with a limited menu
  • going to open soon
  • still deciding whether or not to open
  • out of business

Having said that, there are some businesses that are open and I think you will join me by saying we need to support them if we can.

Need to know who's here. Once we seem to have a quorum, we'll start scheduling some events for those business's that are open.

Reply to this thread when you're here, and we'll start forming some plans.

jbeletti

Wish we were there to go out with some Heartlanders. Thanks Bob and Connie for continuing to schedule Heartland gatherings in the Coastal Bend area of TX. You're so right too - the local economy can really use the shot in the arm. We were happy to stimulate the Florida Keys economy with the Florida chapter rally last month after Irma.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi Bob, FWIW we’ve settled in at Wilderness Oaks, Rockport until mid March.
Let us know if you or anyone else want to gather ‘round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Hi Bob, FWIW we’ve settled in at Wilderness Oaks, Rockport until mid March.
Let us know if you or anyone else want to gather ‘round.

Welcome back to the Coastal Bend. Pickings have been slim. Starting to get things back here on the Island. I’ve got personal issues that have sidelined me for awhile. Possibly the week after Oysterfest.