Holland, Michigan Trip

J

Jeff

Hello Everyone:

Well we just got back from Holland, Michigan.

Went for the annual Tulip Festival (see pictures below)

The weather was absolutely HORRIBLE! Cold, Rainy and Windy. Made for seeing the flowers and doing stuff not so fun.

The Main part of the festival is on one street downtown Holland and parking is hard to find or you end up walking miles to get there. Tour Bus traffic is also terrible (almost got clipped by a Tour Bus turning a corner in my direction) missed me by mear inches, needless to say I had a few choice words to say to that guy. You would think they would have a little more organization with these big buses running around in such a confined space.

Anyway, we got a break on Thursday a little bit, the sun came out, but it was still windy and cool.

The RV Park we stayed at was very nice. http://www.oakgroveresort.com/

People were very friendly and it's always nice when you first get into a park, people are willing to help you back into your space. We had a full hookup site, with Cable TV, so with the Rain and cold, we spent alot of time at the trailer this trip.

At any rate, we're back home for 2 weeks and then off to Branson, MO and further south to Louisiana. Really looking forward to the warm weather too.

Time to go. So, enjoy the pictures.

Take Care.

Jeff

Last edited:

rosco

trip

Jeff, Sorry about the bad weather etc... better luck with your next trip.... Look at it on the bright side, while you were having this terrible time, I was at WORK.. HA Ha:)

Tom of Ypsi

Jeff, Sorry about the bad weather, should have been here last week;) as the saying goes. The weather in Michigan has been terrible again this spring. This will be the third year in a row that spring has sucked. Hopefully this will be my last spring in Michigan. Great looking pictures though.

Tom

J

Jeff

Hi Tom:

Hi Tom:

As you can see by the pictures, the sun broke out briefly and it was a pretty nice day. We were able to grill at the campground and that is always fun.

The RV Park we stayed at is really nice. But, I also noticed just down the road about a mile is a State Park Campground also. There was alot of 5ers in there too. Not sure which state park it is, but it is close to Lake Michigan.

Anyway, looking forward to heading south in just 8 more days. I know the weather will be warmer in Louisiana!

You all take Care.

Jeff

jbeletti

Hey Jeff,

Nice pictures! While you were freezing in MI, I was freezing 400 miles up north in WI!

But, better times, they are a comin'!

Jim