Home Security Multiple Camera Wireless Video System.

pegmikef

I am in the market for a home security video system with 3 to 5 cameras that I would be able to access from my phone. When I say wireless, I am referring to no wires required between the camera and the base station or recording device (if any), not the power. I have seen many on the internet, but I am hoping someone with first hand knowledge can recommend a system. Thank you.

kowAlski631

I am in the market for a home security video system with 3 to 5 cameras that I would be able to access from my phone. When I say wireless, I am referring to no wires required between the camera and the base station or recording device (if any), not the power. I have seen many on the internet, but I am hoping someone with first hand knowledge can recommend a system. Thank you.

We like our Nest system. Had it for a year or so.

Oregon_Camper

I have 6 camera's around our house....one wireless and 5 that are wired (via POE)

I have SO many issues with the wireless camera and ZERO with the POE cameras. If you truly want a "security" camera and not something to just watch the family dog, then I would HIGHLY recommend wired cameras. I know the install is a huge PITA, but once installed, they never go down.

I use BlueIris as the server software. I can access via a computer web page or via App on my phone. Works great. You can have the software do many things...text you with notifications, email you pictures, etc..

For cameras, I have 5 HKVision POE cameras.
4mm@ F2.0 (2.8mm, 6mm, 12mm optional)
2048 × 1536: Angle of view: 86°(2.8mm), 70°(4mm), 43.3°(6mm), 20.6°(12mm)

1920 × 1080:
Angle of view: 98.5°(2.8mm), 79°(4mm), 49°(6mm), 23.2°(12mm)

Link to Amazon for cameras

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Blink system. Completely wireless cameras, have had them a year and have not changed batteries yet. Very easy to set up. They have motion sensors, you set the sensitivity. It records up to 60 seconds at a time when triggered, and sends you an alert. Also watch live at any time.

https://blinkforhome.com

Available on Amazon. Two types, indoor (white) and outdoor (black). PM for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I have a Blink system. Completely wireless cameras, have had them a year and have not changed batteries yet. Very easy to set up. They have motion sensors, you set the sensitivity. It records up to 60 seconds at a time when triggered, and sends you an alert. Also watch live at any time.

Available on Amazon. Two types, indoor (white) and outdoor (black). PM for more info.

Erika...that Bink camera sure seems impressive. :)

How much storage does it have? Meaning...if your left home for say a week, how many 60 second video's (lets say in 1080p) can it record?

TravelTiger

Erika...that Bink camera sure seems impressive. :)

How much storage does it have? Meaning...if your left home for say a week, how many 60 second video's (lets say in 1080p) can it record?

Here's what they say:

"Blink’s server provides each system storage for up to 7,200 total seconds of video (or 1,440 five-second events). If you reach your storage limit, your oldest alert clips will be overwritten by the newest."

Oregon_Camper

Here's what they say:

"Blink’s server provides each system storage for up to 7,200 total seconds of video (or 1,440 five-second events). If you reach your storage limit, your oldest alert clips will be overwritten by the newest."

Ok...so 2 hours of video is nice, based on the ease of install. I still like my POE cameras, but the Blink cameras seems really nice too. I might get my in-laws a Blink for the Beach House.

TravelTiger

Ok...so 2 hours of video is nice, based on the ease of install. I still like my POE cameras, but the Blink cameras seems really nice too. I might get my in-laws a Blink for the Beach House.

To be clear, it's clips, not solid recording time. The motion activates the camera. If motion is no longer detected, it stops. It records up to 60 seconds, and stops. If motion is continuing, it records another clip.

Here's a screen capture of a clip from one evening, about 4:45am. I have no idea where this cat came from.

9d1f4a584803d6347c1634b3bc09615f.jpg

carl.swoyer

I purchased a d-link WiFi wireless camera. Other than the actual power it's wireless. Crystal clear with audio and motion detector. Programmable. I'm going to get another one. $65.00 @ best buy.
180° panoramic view click and zoom. The app on my phone allows for viewing my house while away. I can even use it in the Landmark.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wdk450

On the Fresno area TV news this morning was a security camera shot of someone's back fence with a presumed badguy peering over the fence. He was running around the neighborhood area in a hoodie and surgical face mask, seemingly unaware of the security camera. More and more store robberies video pics have the bad guys in hoodies and masks.

I have often thought that the miniature "lipstick" cameras well hidden might not trigger the extensive use of facial disguises. Also cameras specifically aimed to catch car license plates would help track and catch the bad guys.

Oregon_Camper

I have the Blink system with two camera's. Works for me.

Can you post a screen grab from one of your recordings from the Blink unit? I want to show it to my in-laws to see if it will work for them.

Here is a picture of what my HKIVision camera picks up.

Capture.jpg

TravelTiger

Can you post a screen grab from one of your recordings from the Blink unit? I want to show it to my in-laws to see if it will work for them.

Here is a picture of what my HKIVision camera picks up.

View attachment 55585

See post 9, this is in the middle of the night, triggered by a cat walking around. (B/W because it's night.)

I don't have any clips currently of daytime saved. We're traveling right now, so the camera is not attached. (It has an easy to adjust mounting bracket. The camera snaps into it. I take the camera down for travel.)

On edit, here's a screen capture of one clip, when Tony was going to take down the camera yesterday.

0741ea016430a27b5907e3c96c68216a.jpg

yport

X2 .... This Blink system is awesome ... so easy to use .... so portable .... so wireless ... great day and night pics. I have 3 interior ones on my home and 1 exterior one. I also have them at my Nova Scotia property .... and keep one in the RV too. Motion activated / sends text alert to phone / even tells you the temperatures at the cameras locations. Oh, and you can turn on audio also!

happykraut

I was hoping that someone had purchased a LOREX system. I bought a $900 system in May and still haven't figured out how to set it up.

Gaffer

Will it connect to MIFI or do you need a conventional wifi system?

See post 9, this is in the middle of the night, triggered by a cat walking around. (B/W because it's night.)

I don't have any clips currently of daytime saved. We're traveling right now, so the camera is not attached. (It has an easy to adjust mounting bracket. The camera snaps into it. I take the camera down for travel.)

On edit, here's a screen capture of one clip, when Tony was going to take down the camera yesterday.

0741ea016430a27b5907e3c96c68216a.jpg

TravelTiger

Will it connect to MIFI or do you need a conventional wifi system?

It can use whatever wireless network you use that connects to the internet. (I would not recommend using a rv park or any open wifi, since there are others that could then possibly access your cameras.) You'll add the Blink "sync module" to your wireless network, then add cameras to the "sync module". The "sync module" needs "wired" power. It has a USB plug and wire for power. I use a iPhone USB cube to plug into AC power.