Hot water doesn't last long

Jgermany

Recently traveled to the tristate area of Pennsylvania/Ohio/West Virginia for work. Our water heater has worked fairly well until we arrived here. The water is so cold it saturates the tank and cuts our shower time in half. This may not be a task everyone can do themselves but it was a idea that I thought about alot and decided to try. We have a 2017 landmark Newport 365 with a lot of wasted space in the plumbing space behind the cellar wall. I relocated the fresh water pump and installed a drip pan and a 19 gallon 120v water heater from Lowe's. I bought a heavy extension cord to wire it so it can be powered from park pedestals. Every thing was plumbed with pex and brass nipples for the tank and a pvc drain pipe for the pressure relief valve in case its ever needed. The pan has a pvc drain that exits through a small hole in the water proof plumbing box to drain out the access hole for the city water hose. It is plumbed in before our 12 gallon electric/gas rv water heater and since its been in operation the gas burner for the tank rarely comes on. We can take showers back to back without running out of hot water. The wife and I have taken long showers trying to run out of hot water and have given up to boredom waiting on it to run out. It was half the cost of a endless hot water heater and I felt more comfortable installing this set up. Like i said its not for everybody but just figured i would put a option out there.

Attachments

• 20181224_142948.jpg
    20181224_142948.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
  • 20181224_143024.jpg
    20181224_143024.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46