Hot water will not start up on gas. Big Country 4011 ERD

Allen G

Have power to both sides of all auto resets in battery compartment.
Manual says there is a fusebox somewhere but can't find one. Switch at water heater is on. I'm sure there must be a fuse, I did check all I could find.
The only breakers I see inside are on panel for 120V. Is there a hidden 12V panel somewhere inside the unit?

david-steph2018

Since you have a switch "at the water heater", do you have a Suburban Water Heater? With these there are 2 switches, one on the water heater and a 2nd switch inside the camper, somewhere. The Atwood water heaters, have 1 switch, inside the camper. These switches may be a double switch with the gas switch next to it.
Up top is a tab, "TOOLS" click on this, next " HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUALS" click on this. Go down to "PLUMBING", then over to "WTR HEATER", then select the brand of water heater you have installed.

On our Road Warrior the 12VDC panel is next to the 110VAC breaker panel.

centerline

how long has it been since its was last operational?.... sometimes it gets air in the line and it may take many tries to get the gas up to the valve and primed up so it will run on gas..... have someone listen to the water heater when you turn it on... there should be a bit of clicking as it tries to light, and then times out.... this is normal when the gas hasnt reached the burner yet.....

the other issue that commonly happens when the waterheater hasnt been used in awhile is that a spider will build a web in the burner tube/flue area, and this will interrupt the proper gas flow as it leaves the orifice, and so it wont light until its cleaned....

david-steph2018

Which make of water heater do you have, Atwood or Suburban?
"Thanks, no igniter clicks, not doing anything"
Our Atwood did this, it was the control board that went bad in 19 months.

My 2012 3595re Big Country has a fuse on the control board, in the water heater. The fuse blew and neither worked... That may not help, but there it is. Hot water would have been nice the week it taught me about how the heater works. This blizzard was rough;)

Attachments

• DSCF9729.JPG
    DSCF9729.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF9716.JPG
    DSCF9716.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Allen G

Thank you all for your input, problem has been resolved, found a loose wire on a bus in battery compartment. Still never found a 12V fuse panel anywhere in the unit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There has to be a 12V fuse panel somewhere in your rig. It may be in a storage area or in a cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk