how do I integrate a radio into the speaker system that is wired to the TV...

centerline

Our 2011 BigHorn has a full compliment of speaker throughout the trailer, and the TV plays thru all of them. there are switches in the bedroom for turning the bedroom speakers on/off when desired...

this trailer apparently never came equipped with an am/fm/cd player, but as we listen to music nearly all day, I want to add a mechless unit, or some other way to play our Ipod music... thru bluetooth or wired, either way.... we use the tv in the evenings to watch movies, so we dont want to delete that system, but only use the same speaker system.

can someone suggest what kind of a switching device I may need to tap into the speaker wires, and how to do it without backfeeding to the tv... or some other device that will integrate with the speakers....

how is it done?....

danemayer

If I understand, sometimes you want the speaker output to be from playing movies, and at other times from playing music. Not both at once.

Most of the surround sound systems have unused inputs. If you want a bluetooth connection from your music player, you'll need a bluetooth receiver plugged into one of those inputs.

Since you didn't mention the brand/model of your surround sound player, the inputs to it are an unknown. One way to determine what's available is to look at the back of the unit. Another way is to look up the manual for that model.

If the output of the bluetooth receiver and the input of the surround sound don't match, take a look at our RV Audio Connections Illustrated guide to see how to bridge them.

david-steph2018

Our 2011 BigHorn has a full compliment of speaker throughout the trailer, and the TV plays thru all of them. there are switches in the bedroom for turning the bedroom speakers on/off when desired...

this trailer apparently never came equipped with an am/fm/cd player, but as we listen to music nearly all day, I want to add a mechless unit, or some other way to play our Ipod music... thru bluetooth or wired, either way.... we use the tv in the evenings to watch movies, so we dont want to delete that system, but only use the same speaker system.

can someone suggest what kind of a switching device I may need to tap into the speaker wires, and how to do it without backfeeding to the tv... or some other device that will integrate with the speakers....

how is it done?....

We wanted to do something similar and could not get it to work so we purchased this portable speaker:
Sony SRS-XB43 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Black SRSXB43/B - Best Buy

Which turned out to be great since we can take it out and listen it outside. With this portable unit we have taken it on picnics to local state parks with us. We take it on the golf cart when we go riding and it works great. But we use it off our phones for music, baseball games, etc...

centerline

If I understand, sometimes you want the speaker output to be from playing movies, and at other times from playing music. Not both at once.

Most of the surround sound systems have unused inputs. If you want a bluetooth connection from your music player, you'll need a bluetooth receiver plugged into one of those inputs.

Since you didn't mention the brand/model of your surround sound player, the inputs to it are an unknown. One way to determine what's available is to look at the back of the unit. Another way is to look up the manual for that model.

If the output of the bluetooth receiver and the input of the surround sound don't match, take a look at our RV Audio Connections Illustrated guide to see how to bridge them.

we dont really have a surround sound player, but its all connected to the dvd player (120vac), and the sound is distributed thru it

i was thinking some sort of multi channel switch box that would allow for the many speakers, and switch ALL the speakers from one device to another when the switch is flipped?...

which sound producing devices I wire into it should make no difference, as long as the switch box had the capability to handle all the speakers..

the "RV audio systems illustrated" pamphlet doesnt cover my needs....

- - - Updated - - -

We wanted to do something similar and could not get it to work so we purchased this portable speaker:
Sony SRS-XB43 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Black SRSXB43/B - Best Buy

Which turned out to be great since we can take it out and listen it outside. With this portable unit we have taken it on picnics to local state parks with us. We take it on the golf cart when we go riding and it works great. But we use it off our phones for music, baseball games, etc...

we already have 2 of those speaker units, but if the system in this trailer is anywhere near the quality of the oem system in the weekend warrior that we had, it puts the portable units to shame, as well as allowing quiet music to play throughout the entire trailer...

Last edited by a moderator: