How do I manually Crank the landing gear on 2015 Elkridge 5th wheel

lws3224

We just bought a 2015 Elkridge 5th wheel and believe we over retracted the landing gear causing a fuse to blow. Its seems to be a common problem. Does anyone know this his model has an in line fuse? The fuse box inside is not showing a blown fuse We tried to use the manual crank rod but the manual drive shaft from the gear box is located behind the hydraulic reservoir and unreachable. What are we missing? any help?\\

Thanks
LeAnn and Kyle

danemayer

Hi lws3224,

From previous posts I think there may be an inline fuse in the wiring bundle near the landing gear motor.

I'm sure someone else will jump in with advice on how to manually crank the gear.

olcoon

We have a 2011 Elk Ridge, and I've had that problem a time or two, always from not paying attention. I figured out how high I could retract them, and painted a line all around the landing leg by the switch. Now if someone comes up & want's to talk while I'm retracting I stop & talk then continue retracting the leg. We don't have any hydraulics on our rig, so I can't help you on manually retracting the legs. Our coach has a hole in the front of the door side basement to put the crank into to crank up the landing gear.

On our rig, there is an inline fuse in the front compartment, behind the battery box. It took me awhile to find it the first time, but it's there. If you can find the wire coming from the switch, follow it out & you should be able to find it. It's a 30 amp fuse, not the regular automotive 2 prong fuse, but a smaller one. Good luck!

GOTTOYS

Mine has an inline fuse on a heavier pink wire right behind the battery box. You can use either a std blade type automotive fuse or a "mini" blade type automotive fuse in this holder. They will both fit. I replaced mine with a blade type auto-reset circuit breaker that was available for a few bucks from an auto parts store. If it blows you just wait a minute or two until it cools off and it will automatically reset. Some say not to use this as it takes a longer time to blow than a fuse and can cause damage to the gearbox as a result. I have not found this to be the case. After getting used to the how high to crank the front legs you will find you hardly ever have a problem tripping the breaker..Don

If this is a common problem, maybe talk to Heartland about putting limit switches in, to keep the landing gear from coming to far up.

lws3224

We found the in line fuse...it was blown...thanks for the tip...we are still trying to figure out how to manually crank down the landing gear...the shaft from the gear box comes out behind the hydraulic reservoir and cant be accessed.

Kyle and LeAnn Saliga
2015 Elkridge
2011 GMC Sierra 3500
6.6 Duramax