How long did it take?

Has anyone here ordered a North Trail recently? How long did yours take?
I ordered my 21rbss via Couch's on January 31. The salesperson at the time guessed it would be ready in late March, though one of his coworkers said probably even mid-March. I followed up with him last week and he still hadn't heard anything at all.
I've never ordered an RV before, my previous 2 were off-the-lot. How does it normally work? When do you get a exact date and the VIN number? Is it when Heartland inputs the order? Start the build? Sends it out?
I can't 100% verify that it's definitely importable to Canada without the VIN, and although I don't expect a problem, it is weighing on me! That, and I NEED it for an event at the end of April. It's a work event...and I already stupidly and irreversably declined a hotel room :(
I don't want to bug the salesperson again, because he swore he'd let me know as soon as he got news.

D-K_21RBSS

Not much help but . . . when we ordered our 2020 21RBSS Caliber it took about 6 weeks to be delivered (ordered early Feb at an RV show and got it late March/early April (just before the pandemic shut down Michigan)
Hang tough, the 21RBSS is a great unit I think you'll enjoy it!

Not much help but . . . when we ordered our 2020 21RBSS Caliber it took about 6 weeks to be delivered (ordered early Feb at an RV show and got it late March/early April (just before the pandemic shut down Michigan)
Hang tough, the 21RBSS is a great unit I think you'll enjoy it!
Thank you, I hope you're right!

wdk450

Have you tried contacting the Heartland Corporate Sales department directly??? Maybe they could even give you a scheduled VIN number from their orders spreadsheets.

carl.swoyer

Call your salesperson and tell them you're going to cancel your order because it's taking too long. I bet they will find a production date delivery date real quick.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Well the good news is I got my VIN # and off-line date. The bad news is there was a delay on the Heartland side and it's not until April 20. Between transport and dealer prep, it's not gonna happen in time for my event, so the big scramble for a rental trailer or hotel room starts...

CalT52

Has anyone here ordered a North Trail recently? How long did yours take?
I ordered my 21rbss via Couch's on January 31. The salesperson at the time guessed it would be ready in late March, though one of his coworkers said probably even mid-March. I followed up with him last week and he still hadn't heard anything at all.
I've never ordered an RV before, my previous 2 were off-the-lot. How does it normally work? When do you get a exact date and the VIN number? Is it when Heartland inputs the order? Start the build? Sends it out?
I can't 100% verify that it's definitely importable to Canada without the VIN, and although I don't expect a problem, it is weighing on me! That, and I NEED it for an event at the end of April. It's a work event...and I already stupidly and irreversably declined a hotel room :(
I don't want to bug the salesperson again, because he swore he'd let me know as soon as he got news.
If you order a brand new travel trailer, with the large $ investment? Personally, I would camp out on his door step until he gives me some sort of satisfactory news! Is he aware of your dilemma with your work event. No telling how many people he has sworn to about contacting as “soon as he got news”. If you don’t get the unit by the date promised, I would suggest contacting Heartland directly.

If you order a brand new travel trailer, with the large $ investment? Personally, I would camp out on his door step until he gives me some sort of satisfactory news! Is he aware of your dilemma with your work event. No telling how many people he has sworn to about contacting as “soon as he got news”. If you don’t get the unit by the date promised, I would suggest contacting Heartland directly.
Haha if I was closer, I would have…I live about 8 hours from the dealership!
Unfortunately, they didn’t make my timeline for the event. There was a delay at Heartland (which they took responsibility for) and also, my original salesperson had quit and the dealership failed to catch up with his communications promptly.
Apologies have been made and accepted, and I pick up my 21RBSS on Thursday!