How many pets travel with you?

123camper

What do you do with them when you make pit stops during the heat of summer? Our cat travels in a carrier because he gets under my feet while I'm driving or want to sit on the dash. Our two Minnie schnauzers sit on momma's lap. When we stop to eat I try to park where I can watch the truck while we eat. We leave the truck running so they have air. We have a f250 with the combo lock so we can lock it with the key in it. Unsafe I know but what are me alternative? Please let me know how you handle this on long trips. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What do you do with them when you make pit stops during the heat of summer? Our cat travels in a carrier because he gets under my feet while I'm driving or want to sit on the dash. Our two Minnie schnauzers sit on momma's lap. When we stop to eat I try to park where I can watch the truck while we eat. We leave the truck running so they have air. We have a f250 with the combo lock so we can lock it with the key in it. Unsafe I know but what are me alternative? Please let me know how you handle this on long trips. Thanks

Our cats ride in a carrier in our truck. When we stop for lunch, one of us either makes sandwiches in the rig or gets fast food, while the other stays in the truck with cats. We eat in the truck. Has worked well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjriker

Our cats ride in a carrier in our truck. When we stop for lunch, one of us either makes sandwiches in the rig or gets fast food, while the other stays in the truck with cats. We eat in the truck. Has worked well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Our two cats also travel in carriers in the truck. When we are traveling on a long day, I usually make sandwiches. If we do buy something, we get take out and eat in the truck.

jnbhobe

We left a cat in the truck running while at Lamberts in MO. we came out and he had rolled down the drivers window. Must have been too hot out because he didn't jump out.

Mrsfish

we installed a remote start in our old f250 and now our new f350. That way we could start the truck to cool it off or leave it running without the key in the ignition and the doors locked. The screen would show us the time remaining and we could simply recycle the remote for more time. This way our dogs are happy, we are happy and law enforcement is happy since in az it's against the law to leave an animal in a vehicle because of our high temps. Will kill an animal in 20 minutes and not very nicely. I think everyone on this forum loves their pets a lot, so I know I'm preaching to the choir - but the remote start makes it very nice for traveling with pets.

Our two dogs, Cory and Gretchen travel with us. Cory is a corgi mix and Gretchi is a yorki. They really travel well--all stretched out on the back seat of the truck.

Wmnmy

Two dogs Konan a mastiff and jack a bichon they lay on back seat or floor sleep most the way very good travelers....

MotoLynx27x

We bring our two miniature schnauzers with us on all our camping trips. Bentley is all black and 9 years old. Maggie is 8 and is salt and pepper. We love them to death for multiple reasons of coarse, and they are hypoallergenic which is great for me. I can't be around cats or any dogs that shed.

123camper

We also have 2 minnie schnauzers. Tatanka is a 4 year old black male and Sapa is a 6 year salt and pepper female. They go every where we go and are spoiled rotten. I also have allergies and picked the miniature schnauzer breed for the same reason. They are great and get along well with everyone.

Grey Ghost

Hi Al, we travel with one little Westie and he owns the wife's lap and the back seat of the truck when we travel. He loves to camp and travel, goes all over with us and now thinks he can drive also, NOT SO MUCH! Anyhow, you mention camping and he is by the door ready to go along!

JeromyS

If the camp grounds allow it we bring our 4 dogs: Rottie, MinPin, Boston Terrier and a deaf Frenchie. When grandma + uncle are along for the ride we pack in 2 additional frenchies + another minpin for a total of 7 furkids, 7 people and 1 Elkridge 37 Ultimate. Believe it or not, we still feel like we have room when we're all indoors.

When we all go it's a hoot to go on a walk. Lots of looks.

bsuds

We have one. A fox Terrier Poodle mix and she is not happy in the truck but loves her many walks every day.

We have one.............Toto "The Wonder Dog"....I got her as a rescue dog from the Humane Society. Took a bit to get her to where she is now but she is a good dog. I think she may have been abused by children because she does not like young people. She loves to ride in the truck, but doesn't like being left alone

AKDallBH

We have three:
- Nubuck, a 14 year old Chesapeak who loves to go for rides.
- Rascal, aptly named Pomeranian, who provides most of
the entertainment and serves double duty as an alarm clock
- Patches the cat, who lets us all travel with her.

farmerjon

We have our Dobies Bree and Quincy that ride in the back seat on all of our trips.
They always behave as ladies should.

Redbird

We have an Irish Terrier named Dublin (born St Patricks Day) who is our shadow. He loves our traveling adventures.

Mike-n-Justina

We have an 8 year old Shih Tzu that is such a princess. This Saturday we are adopting an 8 week old Shih Tzu. Camping this summer
will be interesting. Hoping to have her potty trained by Spring.