How to Close Emergency Window

sam1970

Hello!
We have a 2015 Sundance 5th wheel that we purchased new and have never operated the rear emergency window. Until tonight. Now, we need to close it. This window is on a hinge. For some reason, we cannot get it out of its 90 degree angle position and back to close. We have searched many forums this evening looking for a solution, and realize now that discussing anything about the windows should have been a top priority when purchasing 4 years ago. Next time, we know! Can anyone share what to do or how to CLOSE the rear emergency window in a 2015 Sundance? The latch for the window is a red latch that you pull 'out' to disengage the window.
Fortunately tonight the low will be about 55 and quite pleasant. But we will be back in TX next week where this will not be the case!
Thanks so much!

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! I have never opened our emergency exit, so not much help. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly that can help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just guessing here, but since the window is on a hinge it is possible that the window moved sideways a bit and is now binding on the frame.
And thanks for bringing this up. I have never completely opened our emergency window, but I will today.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would rather put my trust in working smoke and CO detectors than try to shove my wife out of that little bedroom window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

I would rather put my trust in working smoke and CO detectors than try to shove my wife out of that little bedroom window.

In our old coach, I velcro'd a decent size ABC fire ext by top of stairs as it was a BH model. Tho haven't done it w/ this coach (and I SHOULD), do the same. Perhaps something to consider to gain a little more protection to get out thru door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In our old coach, I velcro'd a decent size ABC fire ext by top of stairs as it was a BH model. Tho haven't done it w/ this coach (and I SHOULD), do the same. Perhaps something to consider to gain a little more protection to get out thru door.

I have one in the bedroom and two by the door. And I’m proficient in their use.

Ray59

Just guessing here, but since the window is on a hinge it is possible that the window moved sideways a bit and is now binding on the frame.
And thanks for bringing this up. I have never completely opened our emergency window, but I will today.

Peace
Dave
Didn't anyone come up with a solution to this? I just encountered the same issue on my 2014 Sundance 285ts. I was cleaning the window frames from the outside and when I opened the rear escape window fully to the 90 degree position, it locked in place. It seems as though this is by design but I can't figure out how to get the lock position to release. Please help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You probably need to manipulate the window a bit by moving it a little in all directions til you find the sweet spot.

Peace
Dave

Flick

And it's a long way down for these old bones.
Definitely something all of us should study. I’ll bet it’s safe to say many don’t know which window is their escape window.

With that being said, I agree about the DW and probably for me to. I sure hope the cameras aren’t rolling if we ever have to exit. A hatch thru the floor would have more sense. Lol

Dahillbilly

Just tried again and it was a matter of pulling it straight out away from the trailer. Just didn't pull hard enough the first time. I hope this is helpful for other readers.

Ray
Maybe one of the admin can add this to the HUG; I know there is nothing in the Owners Manuals on this topic.