How to find Events (Rallies, Campouts etc.)

jbeletti

Hello Heartland Owners Forum Members and Heartland Owners Club Members,

With the old forum software, we created some custom code to have an Events list. This code was a script that scraped all forum threads and looked for the word Event, then it added that thread to a table and then the table contents was used to populate an events list.

With our new forum platform, Xenforo, we are doing our darndest to not create any custom code. Our first stab at this will be to populate the forum calendar with these events. Then later, we'll look for a certified add-on that we can create an events list (hopefully).

So for the next few days, to look at events, you need to dig into the various Club Chapter forums - link. Not fun, but please bear with us for a bit :)

That all said, here's a snapshot I took of the Event List from vBulletin before we migrated to Xenforo.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 9.51.20 PM.png

Last edited:

Bogie

HI Jim,

I don't want to stray off this thread, but was wondering if you want we users to report "bugs"? I know that the change is really fresh, but I think I may have found one. I wanted to PM you, but couldn't find PM capability. Is that coming in the future?

Thanks,

Joe

jbeletti

All upcoming rallies that are listed as Events on the forum have now been added to the forum's public Calendar.

As of now, the easiest and fastest way to find planned upcoming club events is to simply click the Calendar button on the Navigation Bar of any forum screen. Then simply advance the months to see what's coming up. Each event listed is clickable and will take you to the event.

Let us know what you think.

Mr.D

All upcoming rallies that are listed as Events on the forum have now been added to the forum's public Calendar.

As of now, the easiest and fastest way to find planned upcoming club events is to simply click the Calendar button on the Navigation Bar of any forum screen. Then simply advance the months to see what's coming up. Each event listed is clickable and will take you to the event.

L

Like the old… for those of us “old” timers …old program much easier!!!