How to make the exterior shine like new?

Djconaway

Have a 2011 3250 setting in the az sun. I'm having lots of oxidation, hand waxed last year what a job. Looking for a easier way this year. Has anybody used any zep floor wax? Shineon productS? Any other products that work.

Lynn1130

Probably not without a total refinish/repaint. The gel coat under the clear on a lot of 2011's was defective and you can polish the outer (clear) coat till the cows come home and it will not help the gel coat issue. If yours is one of those, like my front cap, that have that issue only a total repaint will cure it. I had the front cap repainted.

Djconaway

Probably not without a total refinish/repaint. The gel coat under the clear on a lot of 2011's was defective and you can polish the outer (clear) coat till the cows come home and it will not help the gel coat issue. If yours is one of those, like my front cap, that have that issue only a total repaint will cure it. I had the front cap repainted.
yep I have one of the bad ones, trying to buy some time before I have it painted.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Rejex is a great product for producing a good shine but it's a polymer coating which will seal-in any oxidation or impurities on your paint. You must remove everything that mars your finish before applying it.

Djconaway

Rejex is a great product for producing a good shine but it's a polymer coating which will seal-in any oxidation or impurities on your paint. You must remove everything that mars your finish before applying it.
Thanks, good information

Lynn1130

I use Rejex and have for years, on all of my vehicles. It is a great product and at least two of the detailers that I use have switched from wax after using my Rejex. That said it will not help your situation. The problem is in the gel coat and not the clear. If it were in the clear coat it could be fixed to some degree. One of my detailers pointed my problem out to me about 2013 and did her best to fix it but could not. I had several RV paint shops look at it and the determination was that it was only fixable by removing everything and either re-gel or paint. I decided to paint and have not been disappointed.

At one time Heartland was helping with the "fix" but it is probably way too long now. Luckily my problem was only the front cap. Some have had both the front and back go bad.

danemayer

I believe the gelcoat problem that's been mentioned affected front and rear caps, but not the side walls. You didn't mention where you're having a problem, but if on the sides, you may be able to improve it.

Here's a link to an old thread from Bob Curry (TXBobcat) on refinishing his rig with ZEP.

Djconaway

I believe the gelcoat problem that's been mentioned affected front and rear caps, but not the side walls. You didn't mention where you're having a problem, but if on the sides, you may be able to improve it.

Here's a link to an old thread from Bob Curry (TXBobcat) on refinishing his rig with ZEP.
It's the front cap

- - - Updated - - -

I use Rejex and have for years, on all of my vehicles. It is a great product and at least two of the detailers that I use have switched from wax after using my Rejex. That said it will not help your situation. The problem is in the gel coat and not the clear. If it were in the clear coat it could be fixed to some degree. One of my detailers pointed my problem out to me about 2013 and did her best to fix it but could not. I had several RV paint shops look at it and the determination was that it was only fixable by removing everything and either re-gel or paint. I decided to paint and have not been disappointed.

At one time Heartland was helping with the "fix" but it is probably way too long now. Luckily my problem was only the front cap. Some have had both the front and back go bad.
Thanks for info,