How to "Manual operation"

Fox

For the first time ever (two weeks ago) I needed to hitch up and go. Using the very front side switch I elevated the pin so I could back under it and then drop it / hitch up - where I successfully lowered it on to my truck. Next, going to the self-level control box I followed the brief posted directions but I quickly came to a failure notification on the screen.

With no additional directions posted on how to proceed I blindly tried to manually retract the other 4 jacks. Maybe I didn't allow enough time between attempts but it just wasn't co-operating. Eventually the jacks retracted but I'm baffled as to which sequence of key-pad entries worked; of course I'm now concerned as I again need to move it in 2 weeks. I haven't yet found the bible (ops manual) so I am doubly concerned if it happens again.

Please advise as to my error(s) with a " ... for dummies self-leveling tutorial".

In the future I'll be asking similar dumb questions on operating the water systems panel - my previous campers were very elementary and needed no explanations. This one (again without manuals) is baffling to me. Fortunately my (one time) dumping of waste tanks went uneventful; but I'm unsure of how to use the black tank wash cycle - and other options

danemayer

Fox,

We have quite a few owner-written user guides that will help you on things like the water system. They're in this folder.

We also have several hundred manufacturer manuals, including many Lippert manuals that include instructions on how to use the auto-leveling system. You'll have to look for the one that matches your system. This folder. You'll notice the last item in the folder is a video introduction to the auto-leveling system, which might be what you're looking for.

avvidclif

I always start by manually retracting the rear jacks by using the control panel in the basement. I then turn off the panel and use the front switch to raise and lower for hookup.

PondSkum

Turn on the control panel, arrow up or down until you see "Manual Mode", press enter to put it in the manual operation. In this mode any press of the directional button pads (front, rear, left, or right) will extend the jacks in those locations. In order to RETRACT jacks, you need to first press the "Retract" button, which will illuminate a small LED next to the button. While this LED is illuminated, any press of the directional buttons will retract the jacks in those locations. Front button operates only the 2 front "landing gear" jacks. Left operates all 3 left jacks, Right operates all 3 right jacks. And rear operates all 4 of the rearmost jacks.

So to get ready to hook up and leave, I go to manual mode, then retract button, and press the rear button until all 4 rear jacks retract. Then I use the button on the front of the trailer to raise and lower the landing gear to adjust for hitch height, and to retract the landing gear jacks once connected securely. Of course make sure you have wheels chocked properly before retracting any of the jacks.

pjones1969

I always use the front switch when hooking up, I don’t raise any of the other jacks beforehand, when extending the front, the other 4 jacks will move and compensate for the front moving up (not sure if you have to retract to hook up). After hooking up I go to the control panel and scroll to Retract All, that will bring all 6 up, then I’ll lower the fronts again for the tug test.

Using front switch, extend, one front jack will make contact, usually the DS, then the other jack will start extending, when it is about 2” off the ground, reverse and retract, the jack that made contact first will raise, when its about 2” off the ground, perform tug test, then retract using front switch to raise both, or you can use Retract All again.

avvidclif

I won't let it drop even 2". When hooked I drop the front an inch or two. Then test. If it's not hooked it will just slide off the hitch with no bang.