How to order parts for Half Time Oven

After purchasing out 31 RED, we just took our new trailer out for the first time last weekend and discovered that the Turntable driver was missing from our half time oven. How do I go about ordering a new one? I visited http://www.halftimeovens.com but did not see any information there about ordering parts.

I know I could go back to the place I bought the trailer and I will do so if necessary, but I thought it would be faster to just order the part directly. We plan on taking the trailer out again in a few weeks. :angel:

jimtoo

Hi Azzerhoden,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If you have the Apollo, then you need to call Midwest Sales (Apollo Half-Time) 800-772-7262. I have heard of a couple of these breaking,,, so your dealer may have "borrowed" the driver to replace one that was broken. Just another one of the things that needs to be checked on the PDI. I think it is recommended that the plate that you place things on be removed from the oven during travel.

It might be best that you call your dealer first... he may have the part in service and just never got it put in after being borrowed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Okay,need some help. I use my half time oven a lot and tonight, I heard a pop and the glass tray broke in a hundred pieces. Would someone measure their tray and let me know the diameter and does anyone know where I can get another one fast. Can I assume I can buy a tray from an appliance store that sells microwave parts? Thanks in advance for your help.

jbeletti

Gary,

My guess is you are NOT going to find one that works at retail. Call Midwest in the morning. Their number is on the Portal on the left.

Now - maybe someone out there has a dead Half-Time oven taking up space in the garage and is willing to part it out?? Anyone??

Jim

wdk450

Jim:
Actually most appliance parts (other than front panels and cases) are generic. Most appliance manufacturers do not have a switch manufacturing line, a motor manufacturing line, a plate manufacturing line. Most appliance manufacturers are actually assemblers. Their design engineers peruse the available parts from component manufacturers, and do a design to assemble these together into a working appliance. It is usually cheaper to use existing parts than custom made parts. Its a lot like our trailers.
Unfortunately, Apollo does not appear on most appliance parts websites manufacturers lists. I would go to the local microwave oven repair place, and I will bet they will find the same turntable plate (used in Sharp turntable microwaves, I believe) as the one in the Apollo. You might give these guys a call:
http://microwaveglasstrays.com/shop/microwave-glass-trays-c-21.html
Sorry, my trailer is in storage, and they are closed today, so I can't get you measurements. Hope somebody else can help. You need the outside diameter and the roller track diameter, and the type of center drive coupling (3 nubs).
I got a turntable motor for mine off E-Bay using the voltage and RPM data (from the motor markings), and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps

csalmons

I apologize for not getting in contact sooner. We were out of the office for the New Year. You can order parts for the Apollo 1/2 time oven directly through Midwest Sales if you have not already done so. You can call us at 800-772-7262 to order. We have the turn table driver (the little brown plastic thing that sits on the driver shaft), the turn table motor (which is connected to the shaft), as well as the instructions on how to replace the motor (it really isn't that difficult to change). I can't honestly say that a glass plate made by another manufacture will fit properly or not, it's a good idea to stay with items made by the same manufacture (in any appliance that you have).

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask online or give us a call here. Thanks!

aatauses

I had a door break on our half time. I called Midwest and got excellent customer service. They needed the model number and that was it, they sent the door directly to the rv park and it was packed so well, nothing broke. They then called to make sure I could install myself and ask if I had any questions----for a minute I thought they must have been trained by the customer service at HL---it was a great experience.
currently volunteering for Joshua Tree NP in southern CA.
al