How to Remove Porch light, 2014 Bighorn 3010RE

Earl C

Can't find a way to remove this porch light or change out the LEDs. No access from interior wall. Dont' see any screws. Can't pry anything open. Bulbs are burning out. Any ideas?

Porch Light Sml.png

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From the photo, it looks like a two-piece housing. May have to use a small flat screwdriver around the seam to pry it apart. You should find the heads of the mounting screws under the cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl C

From the photo, it looks like a two-piece housing. May have to use a small flat screwdriver around the seam to pry it apart. You should find the heads of the mounting screws under the cover.

Hello John & Darlene,

Thanks for the response.
I pryed the quarter moon cover off, it broke apart because its thin and the plastic has hardened. I see the screws and lens. There is only about 1/2" of wire available on the back to cut and replace.
Porch Light Lens.png

I am thinking of replacing it with this solar powered dusk to dawn, motion sensor LED. Different screw hole mounts.

1672776400311.png
Thanks again,
Earl C

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I wonder if you give it a careful tug that you might be able to pull a little more wire to work with. That or crimp an “extension” to them to make it a little easier to connect the replacement.

sengli

I ended up finding the vendor out there that imports these light fixtures, for an exact replacement. They actually make one of these, in an amber LED version for a porch light. Be sure to seal the back side of what ever you get for a replacement so water doesnt get into the sidewall.