Hunting a Hummer H2 in Texas

KyleC

Hey all, going on a Hummer H2 hunt through south Texas this weekend.

We will be departing from Baton Rouge friday, I think we will just head in on 1-10 and start towards Huston then to San Antonio. Then possibly finish up in Dallas. Then head back to Baton Rouge.

Anyone with a Hummer that wants to sell it or anyone that knows a great Campground

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Do you plan on towing your Prowler with it?

Footnote: Come visit the Prowler Facebook page - use link in my sig line - would love to have you there!

KyleC

Yes that is the plan! We have 4 kids and my wife doesn't want a surburban, expedition, or Tahoe...... So H2 is where we landed!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Let your fingers do the walking! Use https://www.cars.com, you can search for specific criteria, and call the sellers ahead of time to make sure they have it.

That's quite a journey you are planning! Hope it's over multiple days?

DFW is huge and not really rv friendly driving, so when you know more specifically where you're headed, we can try to give more details about where to possibly stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

Why not a Tahoe or Yukon? Same thing only you can see out the windows.[/
The last year they were made in 2009 they only sold 325 of them. I've seen only one towing a trailer. I heard they don't have a lot of payload either. Maybe if you get the best deal ever. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC

Thanks for all the advice guys. Haven't packed the camper up yet so it's still debating which vehicle and if the Hummer is the right thing for us... my wife just doesn't want a tahoe or a surburban. And she hated the expedition.... And too many kids for a truck! Don't know how to travel rubbing knees with my ten year old in the truck riding in the front middle seat

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks for all the advice guys. Haven't packed the camper up yet so it's still debating which vehicle and if the Hummer is the right thing for us... my wife just doesn't want a tahoe or a surburban. And she hated the expedition.... And too many kids for a truck! Don't know how to travel rubbing knees with my ten year old in the truck riding in the front middle seat

Well...you could get a real truck! :eek:

Like a F150/1500 or F250/2500 with a crew cab!

Believe me...you won't regret it! :angel:

KyleC

Actually it looks like we're going to be picking up a conversion van now! Four captains chairs in the back! Turn on 2500 frame and Tows almost 10,000 lb! Not to mention the 32 inch Tv!!