Hurricane Irma

Gary521

I read somewhere that Talladaga Speedway will let you park there if you are trying to get out of the path of the storm.

wdk450

I have been wondering about the financial viability of the major insurance carriers in light of forecast claims for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma (Predicted to be the WORST Damage in Florida Hurricane history), and the many wildfires here out West . I haven't heard this story reported on the TV news, except they are saying FEMA is already out of money to simply support the shelters and paid workers on these storms.

Maybe Apple can loan some of its $256 Billion in CASH reserves to the insurance companies.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You can probably expect your insurance premiums to skyrocket, even if you were no where near Irma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just found an interesting article on wind flipping an RV. Check the link HERE

Great info! We had wind knock our fifth wheel off the blocks the landing gear was sitting on. It was at our storage facility. There was a path that was designated an EF0 tornado, a few miles from our facility, but the damage there was not classified as tornadic. EF0 winds are 65-85mph. The damage at the facility included damaged sheetmetal fencing, a billboard damaged, sheet metal building with damage, our rig moved and suffered a bent landing leg, and a few other travel trailers that moved. A house nearby had roof damage, also.

So if it was "just" straight line winds, they hit our fiver broadside, but there's no way to know what speed they were. -- except to know they were not "tornado designation worthy".

0c64b2862ba2ac4097cb005ea01fe9ab.jpg

srcooke

Ah, Irma.. got us too. Our six month old 3970RD.. ordered it from the factory exactly the way we wanted it. It actually faired well for having a 110' Poplar, a 90' oak, and a 40' maple tree fall on it all at the same time
e5a4c740e5ab97e90a3234bc27220524.jpg
610f6c195d4bfb582ca03fee3811235b.jpg

610465c6185167010b4e8446ba4b6071.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ah, Irma.. got us too. Our six month old 3970RD.. ordered it from the factory exactly the way we wanted it. It actually faired well for having a 110' Poplar, a 90' oak, and a 40' maple tree fall on it all at the same time
e5a4c740e5ab97e90a3234bc27220524.jpg
610f6c195d4bfb582ca03fee3811235b.jpg

610465c6185167010b4e8446ba4b6071.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ouch! Are they going to fix it or total it?

BillR48

Who was your insurance company? I'm ordering a new Landmark Newport and leaving in Tampa area but need to insure it for hurricanes.

srcooke

Who was your insurance company? I'm ordering a new Landmark Newport and leaving in Tampa area but need to insure it for hurricanes.
Progressive. They were fantastic to work with. Wrote me a check for the full amount, but offered to let me order another at less cost than I paid for the original. I would keep the difference.