I forgot to say ,about my blown tire

rooster88

I have 2013 Cycolone 3010 fifth-wheel Toy hauler,Need to replace panal between right rear tire and rear step. Can you buy this panel?So I can fix it myself.

danemayer

Hi rooster88,

Sorry about your blowout. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for the parts department. They can ship you j-wrap to replace the damaged piece.

If you join the Heartland Owners Club before calling, you'll get a discount on the parts.

Btw, I deleted the other thread as this one superseded it.

Garypowell

It has been years since my last blowout (thanks Goodyear 614's) but at the time heartland would only sell me a whole roll that would re wrap the whole Rv. They might have changed that policy by now.

I went to a local metal distribution company and bought a piece of scrap for 5% of the cost and you would never know the difference unless you touched it.

It it was a slightly thicker gauge.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can also check the local RV dealership to see if they have a leftover piece of J-wrap. I got one that way and it was given to me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rooster, you can get parts from HL but the shipping could be costly. You might try Temecula Valley RV on Jackson by Sams Club. If you have Towmax tires on your CY...ya better buy enough "J" wrap to do the whole thing. Get better tires now if you can. The Goodyear G614 is a great choice...but not cheap. But how cheap is 80' of "J" wrap?

Rddocatt

Rooster,
There have been many posts about towmax tires. Please go to the NTSB website and fill out a complaint on the tires. Takes a few min but they will investigate and if enough people complain then they will take action

OEFVET

Taken from NHTSA website:

Report Receipt Date: NOV 07, 2014
NHTSA Campaign Number: 14T015000
Component(s): TIRES

[h=4] All Products Associated with this Recall [/h] [h=4]Details [/h] [h=4]4 Associated Documents [/h] Manufacturer: Dynamic Tire Corp.
[h=5]SUMMARY:[/h] Dynamic Tire Corp. (Dynamic) is recalling certain Towmax STR tires, size ST225/75 R15 manufactured June 15, 2014, to October 14, 2014. The affected tires may have the Incorrect Load Capacity and Inflation Pressure Stampings. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 119, "New Pneumatic Tires for Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars." [h=5]CONSEQUENCE:[/h] The misinformation on the label could lead a driver to overinflate the tires. Tire overinflation may increase the risk of a tire failure which can increase the risk of a crash. [h=5]REMEDY:[/h] Dynamic will notify owners, and dealers will replace all eligible tires, free of charge. The recall began on December 24, 2014. Owners may contact Dynamic QA/Compliance at 1-905-595-5558 Ext. 508. [h=5]NOTES:[/h] Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

scottyb

Taken from NHTSA website:

Report Receipt Date: NOV 07, 2014
NHTSA Campaign Number: 14T015000
Component(s): TIRES

All Products Associated with this Recall

Details

4 Associated Documents

Manufacturer: Dynamic Tire Corp.
SUMMARY:

Dynamic Tire Corp. (Dynamic) is recalling certain Towmax STR tires, size ST225/75 R15 manufactured June 15, 2014, to October 14, 2014. The affected tires may have the Incorrect Load Capacity and Inflation Pressure Stampings. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 119, "New Pneumatic Tires for Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars." CONSEQUENCE:

The misinformation on the label could lead a driver to overinflate the tires. Tire overinflation may increase the risk of a tire failure which can increase the risk of a crash. REMEDY:

Dynamic will notify owners, and dealers will replace all eligible tires, free of charge. The recall began on December 24, 2014. Owners may contact Dynamic QA/Compliance at 1-905-595-5558 Ext. 508. NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Talking about the "Tip of the Iceberg".