If you're looking to buy...

kb0zke

Just a reminder that there is a "for sale" section on the Heartland Owners main page. Log in there just as you do here, and scroll down a bit. This is a fairly new feature, so there isn't a lot there, but as people find out about it more items are posted.

kb0zke

The link to the "for sale" section is //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/61-Items-for-Sale for those who haven't found it yet. As I said above, this is a fairly new feature on the forum, and those who only go to their brand's section may not be aware of it.

kb0zke

I've had a couple people contact me about our mpg. It is on consignment at HappyTrailsRVCenter.com and you should contact them about purchasing it. We bought it from them and they have done all of the service work on it (except for the emergency replacement of a leaking propane hose at the 2011 Rally), so they are handling the sale at little cost to us. Good people to work with.

olcoon

Guess I must have missed something, David. Are you upgrading, or just getting out of RVing?

kb0zke

Upgrading. We've decided that our full-time retirement coach will be a DP motor home. Realistically we won't be using the mpg until summer, so we decided to put it up for sale a Happy Trails. They will find it a good home, and then we'll be ready to buy our coach.

The mpg was a good rig for us to get used to an RV again, but it obviously isn't a full-time rig. The 181 is a good choice for a couple or a family with only one child who can keep the same hours as the parents.

Egan

David
I am in the market for a 181 - some of the units I have been looking at have a rear window and some not - do you know if that was an option or a model year change? I will take a look at yours on the Happy Trails website.
Best

danemayer

David
I am in the market for a 181 - some of the units I have been looking at have a rear window and some not - do you know if that was an option or a model year change? I will take a look at yours on the Happy Trails website.
Best

Hi Egan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I expect you'll get some answers shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kb0zke

Egan, the mpg was always a "work in progress" type of trailer. Running changes were made as people commented on things. Ours doesn't have the rear window, but does have the front window. Poke around here and you will find a thread where someone added a window in the door and another window in the dinette area. Ours doesn't have that window, either. We always thought that having the rear window and two dinette windows would really improve the "living" area of the trailer.

We were at Happy Trails today to put the sticker on the license plate. We had thought about taking the trailer out for some dry camping this weekend, but after checking the weather guessers we decided against it. Looks like a good weekend to stay home by the fireplace.

Well, Ive just become acquainted with the MPG and it's quickly become a frustrating obsession because there appears to no dealers anywhere in the western US carrying the brand.

danemayer

Well, Ive just become acquainted with the MPG and it's quickly become a frustrating obsession because there appears to no dealers anywhere in the western US carrying the brand.

Hi Tincanpuller,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly, helpful people.

Based on the discussion in this thread from 2012, Heartland is no longer making the MPG, which might explain why it's hard to find.

However, you may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. They may be able to point you to a dealer with remaining inventory.

Thanks for the update. and I'm sorry it's no longer being made but that's business. Onward & upward! 8^)

Hi Tincanpuller,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly, helpful people.

Based on the discussion in this thread from 2012, Heartland is no longer making the MPG, which might explain why it's hard to find.

However, you may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. They may be able to point you to a dealer with remaining inventory.

kb0zke

Wednesday we got a phone call from Happy Trails, where we had our mpg on consignment. They had an offer for us to consider. When we called back later, I asked if this was from the people who had contacted me directly. It wasn't. They were working with another salesman, and they made a better offer, so today they took possession of their, formerly our, mpg. Congratulations to the new owners. Please introduce yourselves to this forum.

Leanna66

Hi David. I am the new owner, and I did contact you previously. I am very pleased to have the trailer back home. Now I have to figure out how to do everything. I am new at this.

Wednesday we got a phone call from Happy Trails, where we had our mpg on consignment. They had an offer for us to consider. When we called back later, I asked if this was from the people who had contacted me directly. It wasn't. They were working with another salesman, and they made a better offer, so today they took possession of their, formerly our, mpg. Congratulations to the new owners. Please introduce yourselves to this forum.

danemayer

Hi David. I am the new owner, and I did contact you previously. I am very pleased to have the trailer back home. Now I have to figure out how to do everything. I am new at this.

Hi Leanna66,

Congratulations on your "new to you" MPG and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Leanna66

Thank you. I've gone to RV shows for years, trying to figure out exactly what kind I wanted. I think the MPG is perfect for me. Can't wait to take it out on my first trip.

kb0zke

Leanna66, sorry it has been so long since I was on this forum. After we sold the trailer things got REALLY busy here. Hope all is going well for you and your new mpg. Feel free to email me with any questions. I'll try to do a better job of monitoring the forum now that things aren't quite so hectic.

Nira

I agree with you. I'm looking to buy a 181 and I'm in San Francisco. I'm driving down to Gilroy tomorrow to check out a 183 at Grins RV-- to get a general feel for the mpg.