I'm baaaack!

oscar

Just jumped into a 2020 RW 430, picking up next week. It's never really been loved much but hasn't been abused. Some cleaning and a new awning and it'll be good as new. Not new to these pages. Sold our Cyclone about 5 years ago. In between had a diesel pusher.

So I'm back. I'll have a few questions. Like:

The un-labeled red switch with white plate under the EMS. I am told it is part of the Arctic package and turns on the 120V tank heaters. If so, is it the same wattage or more? And which tanks are heated, all 4 of them?

Also looking for a link to said EMS manual. (Haven't figured out the model # yet). Need to know how it's wired in. (I'm like that, wanting to understand my systems, so I can modify as needed).

I'm sure there will be lots of projects and mods. There always are.

Happy Turkey Day.

jmarnell

Not sure if it's the same on the Road Warrior, but on our Cyclone the red switch turns on the water line heat tape. There is a separate switch labelled "Yeti" that turns on the tank heater pads. All 4 of the tanks are heated, so you need to make sure there is some water in each of the tanks before you turn on the pads, otherwise they could burn through.

jmarnell

Thanks. "Water line heat tape"........which water line where?
It's the fresh water line bringing water into your rig and into the fresh water holding tank. I haven't ever tried to trace it so not sure how much of the line is protected. If you search "Heartland RV" on YouTube, under the maintenance section there are a couple of short videos that discuss the water line heat tape and another that discusses the tank heating pads.