I'm back!

Re: It’s been a great ride!

Boy, this is a shocker.
I agree with the post #6 by ‘Lil Guy’, “No Jim Beletti sounds like no Heartland Owners Club to me”
I agree with his whole post.
The wheels have fallen off the wagon.
Jim, you were the moving force (founding father) of this organization, you were the best cheerleader Heartland could ask for.
The energy and foresight you have put into this club was immeasurable, you had the vision.
I too have seen the downgrade of quality from my 2011 Big Country to my 2019 Bighorn.
I believe now the support for the owners club from Heartland will also dry up.
The rallies as we have known them are about to change or disappear.
I wish Julie all the best in her effort to hold the club together.
Marlene & I wish you and Nancy all the best in life, it has been our pleasure to have known y’all.

Hockster

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Jim!! So sad to learn of this!! :( When all the dust settles from this abnormality, I'm sure Heartland will realize just how valuable you are & have been, and you'll be back better than ever. Thank you for allowing me to work alongside you & your team in Goshen!! I've enjoyed the experience VERY much, and hope it will continue next year & beyond.
You are the one that tagged me with the nickname "Hi-Viz", which I have had a lot of fun with it!! :eek: :eek: .. I'm sure our paths will cross again, until then, safe travels !!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Jim, since first meeting you in 2008 at the "big" rally in Nashville I knew that you were going to be a great leader to all product owners. Then came the club and under your leadership has grown to be the best thing for its members.
Troubling times today for sure but one day we will pull out of this.
I'm looking forward to the day that you will once again be my boss.
Your a great friend.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Jim, since first meeting you in 2008 at the "big" rally in Nashville I knew that you were going to be a great leader to all product owners. Then came the club and under your leadership has grown to be the best thing for its members.
Troubling times today for sure but one day we will pull out of this.
I'm looking forward to the day that you will once again be my boss.
Your a great friend.

Peace
Dave

Dave - you're my favorite Cookie! I have so enjoyed our relationship over the many years. I think you meant 2008 "Branson". I think I asked you to go to the Beverage Depot to pick up our order. Your first assignment well done. Thank you for everything Dave. I hope to be back but our friendship is here to stay. I'll think of you today when I smoke 3 racks of ribs and do Malcolm Reed's crab/cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped shrimp!

Wishing you and Mary all the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim!! So sad to learn of this!! :( When all the dust settles from this abnormality, I'm sure Heartland will realize just how valuable you are & have been, and you'll be back better than ever. Thank you for allowing me to work alongside you & your team in Goshen!! I've enjoyed the experience VERY much, and hope it will continue next year & beyond.
You are the one that tagged me with the nickname "Hi-Viz", which I have had a lot of fun with it!! :eek: :eek: .. I'm sure our paths will cross again, until then, safe travels !!!

Hey Hi-Viz Bill! I know Heartland knows my contribution. Just one of many tough decisions they've had to make in these tough times. That would be cool if there was a Jim 2.0, better than ever :)

Let me also say that you coming to our club has been such a blessing. What you bring to the Goshen rally team is amazing and I hope one day to work with you again on behalf of all of our members. Until then, you and Sue take care!

Boy, this is a shocker.
I agree with the post #6 by ‘Lil Guy’, “No Jim Beletti sounds like no Heartland Owners Club to me”
I agree with his whole post.
The wheels have fallen off the wagon.
Jim, you were the moving force (founding father) of this organization, you were the best cheerleader Heartland could ask for.
The energy and foresight you have put into this club was immeasurable, you had the vision.
I too have seen the downgrade of quality from my 2011 Big Country to my 2019 Bighorn.
I believe now the support for the owners club from Heartland will also dry up.
The rallies as we have known them are about to change or disappear.
I wish Julie all the best in her effort to hold the club together.
Marlene & I wish you and Nancy all the best in life, it has been our pleasure to have known y’all.

Hockster

Gary - thank you for the kind words. I don't think this will spell the end of the road for the club. All indications internally at Heartland are that their commitment remains solid. This is good news for all current and future members. Rallies are sidelined, only "for now". When the coast is clear, I expect them to pick right back up.

I hope to see you and Marlene down the road.

Maybe they need to read the $2.2T stimulus package about keeping people on the payroll.
What’s next, they pull support for the forum as a cost cutting measure? A well known woodworking magazine did that a few years back (new management) and their subscriptions tanked. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar - all indications are that both the club and the forum will continue. There are costs associated with both and recent commitments to each have been made by Heartland. I feel both will be good to go.

Stay active on the forum. It needs you as it always has. be well.

HOOKERUP

Best of luck in the future.God works in mysterious ways for all of us.There will be light at the end of the tunnel. All the best to you and Nancy. Frank and Linda

jbeletti

Best of luck in the future.God works in mysterious ways for all of us.There will be light at the end of the tunnel. All the best to you and Nancy. Frank and Linda

Frank and Linda - you are so right. We are believers and we trust this to Him. All the best to you both as well.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader

Jim,

A tough time indeed. I hope this all passes soon as so many of us are feeling the same hardships. That said, at least for the time being we are well and doing our best to keep a safe distance from others and for the most part just staying home. Your presence will certainly be missed. Becky and I wish all the very best for you, Nancy and the pups. For a positive spin, now you can go direct those contractors on the new house for a little while! :)

God Bless, stay well and we will all reconvene on the other side of this Covid-19 virus!

Phil

Flick

Re: ItÂ’s been a great ride!

Frank - thank you for the kind words. I remember the first time we met at an LA rally - the first Breakfast Extravaganza - so fun.

I may have started the club but it won't end because I am not there. It's in good hands with Julie still in position. So continuity will still be there. This is just a funky time, not just for the RV industry. We'll get through this and hopefully, I will be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said Niles. It's been great seeing you and your family at so many rallies in Indiana! Hope to see you all again.

- - - Updated - - -

Gregg and Linda - you are such great friends to Nancy and I. I miss you as neighbors already. We shall see you down the road. Thank you for all your past leadership and support of the club and all the many times you popped by our home to help with anything we needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Fox - I regret never meeting you. We just never crossed paths. Business decisions get really hard in these tough times and decisions made can be hard for everyone to wrap their head around. It is my hope that Heartland continues the club and all indications are that this is the plan. So the future looks promising and I do hope to be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary - glad we at least got to meet once. This will work out. - Thank you for your kind words and offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Don - yes, tough times for sure and it's not only Thor Industries holdings like Heartland - it's industry wide. And of course, all industries are affected. Thanks for the kind words and I hope to be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Lyle and Nancy - thank you for your past leadership in the club, we really appreciated you! Other doors - perhaps. Return through the Heartland door - hopeful.

Yes, we plan to enjoy Texas, especially when our new home is completed. They just poured piers for the slab yesterday. Be well.

- - - Updated - - -

Jay - we've been friends for so very long. Thank you and Stella for pivoting from leadership roles in the Boomers and taking on the reigns in Texas for the HOC and then in even larger roles as Region Directors. It's been a pure pleasure to work with and know you both. And we are here in TX now so we WILL see each other, probably later this year.

Quick funny for others - many, many years ago, I flew to Houston to support one of Jay and Stella's rallies in Conroe and Jay's first order to me was to go buy ice cream. He insisted it be only Blue Bell. Thank you for that introduction. Good stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

Bob and Valerie - thank you for the kind wishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Keith and Carol - thank you for the kind words. And thank you for your leadership in the club. Members are the beneficiaries of your efforts. Miss you for now and hope to see you down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Ernie and Marie, my favorite Boss Lady - I miss you already :( It was truly my pleasure to know you both and see you so many times around North America. Yes, until we meet again!

- - - Updated - - -

It sure has been a great one - hasn't it Dave? And you have been there the entire way - thank you SO MUCH for all you have done for the club. I'll miss you my friend but hope to get back to work at some point. Be well - call me anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Julie - I can hardly respond to this. You are a rock to me and SO many. The Club and it's members are so blessed to have you. They are in good hands and I hope down the road, we can "get the band back together" :)

Jim, I was hoping to meet you and Nancy in Montgomery, as a matter of fact this week, but stronger forces wouldn’t allow. Company leadership is always saddled with harsh realities that sometimes seemingly, only death would be worse. But your putting your best foot forward will allow you to open new doors, hopefully again with Heartland because that is where your heart is.

Please let me burden you with a like story. I was with a company that was rock solid. Everyone there was a lifer and job security was, to us, utmost, and we knew we had that. Then, one day about 4 1/2 years ago our company’ life was turned upside down. There’s this thing called listeria that was found in some of the products produced and this set our company in a tailspin. Long story short, this rock solid company was about to undertake a journey like no one could imagine. Based in Brenham, Texas, with manufacturing plants in 2 other states and sales in at least 22 states and several foreign countries, everything stopped. All products everywhere were bought back and discarded, production was stopped for 8 months while plants were given a total makeover, thousands furloughed or laid off and immediately plans were being laid to renter the marketplace. Fast forward to today, the company is once again a major force and holds unheard of market shares everywhere their products are sold.

Lesson learned that if you have what most people want, you can survive. This is Heartland. The company I was talking about was Blue Bell ice cream. I spent 47 years with them and retired 6 months after they returned to the marketplace. Practically everyone was brought back who wanted to come back.

There is is a light at the end of the tunnel. It may not be shining very bright, but it is there.

Toccoatravelers

Wow, just wow, Thank you for everything you have done for Heartland, our club and for us personally. You have been a treasure to work with and we hope that this is only temporary! Heartland should know what an amazing ambassador you have been for the HL brand! From the first time we met you in Williston Florida back in 2013, you have embodied what club membership is and what it could do for us and you were 100% correct. Along with you and Nancy, we have made such wonderful friendships. Thanks to you also Nancy for putting up with all our shenanigans!

We WILL see you down the road and know you always have a place to come when you visit Georgia! Happy Trails dear friend!

carl.swoyer

Re: It’s been a great ride! So long "for now"

Jim , I'm very sorry for your situation.
Hopefully they will bring your position back and you along with it.
I have two rental properties in NH, hopefully they will be able to pay there rent.
Good luck to you and your family.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Jim,
I am so sorry to hear of this. We have known each other for a long time. The forum and club, which you started and grew, has been the biggest reason we continue to own a Heartland product. I want to thank you for your friendship and dedication to the club and it's followers for all these years. Even though this is "temporary" I hope to see you and Nancy in the future at the rallies etc.

Your friend,
Mark and Linda

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Wow, hate to see this. You and Nancy are great people with a passion for your work. Your encouragement and help way back when we were putting club chapters together in the Mid-Atlantic area was beyond amazing. Sincerely hope things will turn around in the near future and you can return to your role. My big fear is that this current situation will change the landscape of rallies, and RVing in general, for years to come. Best wishes to you and thank you for all you have done. Hope to see y’all again soon.

RDsStudio59

Jim, you will be missed by all. It was my pleasure to call you friend. Thanks for all you have done. Best wishes and stay safe. See you down the road.

kbausano

Deidra & I send our heartfelt wishes to both you and Nancy (and the fur babies) this morning. We feel fortunate to have originally met you and the Heartland 'group' back at the Las Vegas National Rally, and have looked up to you and the organization you helped create, ever since. And as one of the lucky few to be able to step into one of your demo rigs (and truck!), you showed us how genuine you both are - not only in your role at Heartland, but as humans, openly gracious and welcoming. We thank you for that, most of all.

We all look forward to retirement, yet none of us ever wish it to be pushed upon us - no matter the circumstances. We wish God's grace upon you both, as we as a nation do our best to uphold our citizens, our workmates, our neighbors, friends and family.

We hope to see you on down the road, and look forward to watching as your dream home slowly becomes a dream's reality.

Ken & Deidra

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Nothing that I can add that everyone hasn't. The Club you built has been a source of so many friendships for not just Connie and I, but thousands of others.

A door is shutting. I know you'll find the window that's opening.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders

Sorry to hear this news Jim and hoping that once this situation eases you'll be back refreshed and ready to go. I feel you are the GLUE between the owners and Heartland and have done such a great job helping and guiding the Club Chapter Leaders and Directors. Take care and hopefully we will meet again along the road or at a Rally. Doug & Lynne

jjwink

Sorry to read this. Thanks for all you have done over the years to grow the Heartland family. These are very tough days and many tough decisions are being made. We wish you and Nancy the best on your new Texas venture. My family moved to Mineral Wells in 1962 and my brother is still there., parents buried in Weatherford. I was a college senior so never lived there but I am very familiar with the area. Hope our paths will all cross again. God bless.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

All I can say is 'WOW!

Didn't see that coming...never would have guessed it in a million years...no, make that a billion years!

However, these are trying times and as I like to think...everything happens for a reason!

As far as I'm concerned, there is nobody that can do for the Heartland Owners Club what you have done over the years as you have that special 'something' that just created the energy that Made the HOC what it is and made people want to be a part of it!

And I don't know of anyone who will be able to fill your shoes in that capacity in the future.

Had it not been for you, I probably would not have replaced my first Heartland with the second one...

I looked around at several new 5'vers of other brands, but decided to stick with Heartland...mainly because of the HOC and the comradery that was part of it...and knowing that I could call you 'friend'!

While we no longer have an RV and have moved on to new horizons, I wish you all the best for whatever you and Nancy decide to do!

And if you ever get down this way (Yuma, AZ)...well, you've still got my phone number!

I owe you guys lunch next time...

ATLJOHN

Sorry to hear this Jim.
I for one can vouch you helped make Heartland RV what it is today. Sorry to hear about them have let you go but hope it is not forever. We can say you and Nancy were the nicest people we ever had the pleasure to meet.
stay safe and let’s hope we all land on our feet once this terrible virus is past us.

Enjoy your new home and stay safe.

John & Judy Firth

southernlady5464

Sorry to see this happen. Hopefully, after all the dust settles, they can bring you back.

Good luck my friend. Stay well and hugs to you, Nancy, and the fur babies.