Individual Wheel Dry Weight

EPaulikonis

Has anyone completed an individual wheel weight with the coach completely empty? I'm curious to know how well Landmark's are balanced when delivered from the factory. I'm going to be taking delivery of a Savannah floorplan sometime in Jun and plan to to get individual wheel weight when the RV Safety folks are at the Rally in Goshen, IN, in Sep.

I'll be at the factory for a tour tomorrow and plan to ask them directly and I'll post any follow-ups to the forum.

danemayer

It's hard to get individual wheel weights unless you're at a rally where they're being offered. Because of that, and because it usually costs something like $60, I don't know that you'd find it easy to do before loading up the RV.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It's hard to get individual wheel weights unless you're at a rally where they're being offered. Because of that, and because it usually costs something like $60, I don't know that you'd find it easy to do before loading up the RV.

If you are close to the Escapee Rainbow Park in Livingston, TX they offer weight by wheels by appointment. They are also offering it at the Escapade in Goshen Indiana this year.

EPaulikonis

Thanks for the replies. Figured I'd have to get to one of the rallies to get on the individual scales. Will be interested to see if a weight ticket comes with the new coach. See that they scaled each unit as it rolls off the assembly line. Assume they only use the scales for the trailer placard and pin weight.

jmgratz...good info on the Escapee Rainbow Park in Livingston, TX. Will have to do some digging to see if Escapee facilities offer the service at more parks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When your rig rolls off the line it will be weighed. There will be a yellow sticker on the door jamb stating that weight.
Since you are going to be in Elkhart, you might want to take a ride over to Shipshewana and meet some Heartland owners at the IN Chapter Rally happening there.
Only a few miles from Elkhart.
There should be about 26 friendly rigs there.

Peace
Dave

EPaulikonis

Wish I would have more time to stop by. We did a quick day trip from Dayton up to the plant. Spent 8 hours driving for a 1-hr tour. It's all good though.