inked deal on 2013 3950 this weekend -> suggestion for Heartland

steiny93

The good news:
so after lurking out here for quite sometime and researching all brands / models I could find; we inked a deal on a 3950 this weekend

the wife is pretty excited
i was less excited at the prospect of pulling the previous 5er out of storage and through a nasty blizzard so the dealer could have our trade at their show; but i did (happy wife happy life :))

The less then great news:
Suggestion for Heartland
The website and brochures are very poor; please improve them.

Some examples
  • The website and brochure doesn't clearly show the exterior color options?
  • Every picture should state the model/color (int or ext) being pictured
  • Why isn't the new self leveling feature listed as an option in the brochure?
  • The website should have model specific images.
Basically,
For us to ink the deal we had to search competing dealership websites to get pictures of what we needed to see in order to make the color choice. The factory website should be the one stop shop for those images.
Please improve that experience; because right now it's pretty sad.

vakthund

The web site could definitely be improved. We are also in the final stages of buying a Cyclone and the biggest problem we had was finding pictures of the various interior color options (besides finding a responsive dealer). I do understand that Heartland has a fairly complex product portfolio with frequent changes so building an effective web presence is a significant effort. Also, Heartland has to drive value for the dealers and try to direct potential customer to them instead of servicing them on-line. Unfortunately, and in large part due to this forum, the dealers have less information than I do and Heartland should try to fix that.

The level-up is listed in the new brochure but is not on the order sheet. I priced this option and MSRP varied almost 75% from one dealer to the next!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey guys, I'll move this thread to an area where it will be seen by the factory. They'll see your comments and hopefully be able to come to some resolution in the future. Thanks for your input.

jnbhobe

Guys; don't be afraid to call the factory and speak to the brand manager. Ask all your questions from them and they can also tell you who has what in stock.

donr827

Guys; don't be afraid to call the factory and speak to the brand manager. Ask all your questions from them and they can also tell you who has what in stock.
I called the customer person for Big Horn and he was a great help helping me to order our Bighorn the way we wanted it. Applause for Mike Tribble.
Don

porthole

Retired
I had a discussion with the web designer while in Goshen. Sometimes the experts can't see the forest for the trees. Useability based on the Cyclone section in particular was the basis for the conversation, especially the generic pictures and lack of timely information.

I was told then, wait a few weeks and see what we have coming. Overall the new site seemed to get a less then favorable reaction.

Brochures are expensive and a not as easy to change, the website should always be up to date.

When recently researching the Key Largo I found myself spending more time on dealer sites since they had actual pictures of the KL instead of general LM pics.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Being in the "advertising industry", I can tell you maintaining a website is not necessarily easier than producing a brochure. The key is content. If there isn't dedication to producing/maintaining the content, (i.e., professional photography, current specs and descriptions, etc.), then producing a brochure or maintaining a website is useless. What I have seen is that HL cannot seem to keep up with the development changes as the calendar year progresses. They need to dedicate more time/effort/money into a marketing/branding/brand management strategy, with a set schedule for updating and promotion on a regular basis. I'd be happy to submit a resume if they need someone to help! ;)

Erika

porthole

Retired
Given the same information, the website is easier and less expensive to keep up then to print full color bleed, 8-16 page brochures.
Brochures may get done once a year and are pricey to produce.

Having a full time web developer on staff and the ability to host your own servers "should" equal timely updates. Whaich was what I was told by the web guru last summer.

Speedy

They need to dedicate more time/effort/money into a marketing/branding/brand management strategy, with a set schedule for updating and promotion on a regular basis. I'd be happy to submit a resume if they need someone to help! ;)

Erika

You go girl!