Installed Morryde rubber pin box

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Me and two of my buddies installed a Morryde Rubber Pin box on our Landmark this weekend. Three guys, two impact wrenches, and 20 minutes. Hands down the easiest and most trouble free upgrade so far. I can't wait to try it out next week. I will let you guys know how it works.

pjones1969

Installed mine last week, first tow was Friday, I really like it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan_B

I have been debating this, and I am having trouble deciding between the Morryde rubber pin box and the Flex air. Sure I would like to spend half the money, but the main objective is smoothing out the ride in the truck.

Any thoughts on this choice?

thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have only ever towed with the MorRyde pin box. Had the dealer swap it from the 3010 to the current 3270 last year. Works well for us!!

farside291

I love the way it tows, and the cover will fit back on the Morryde pin box with a little trimming.

Attachments

• Pin box cover.jpg
    Pin box cover.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 116

WillyBill

I LOVE my Flex Air! And I've never heard of anybody who took one off after having one. Go drive with someone who has one before you commit if at all posible - you won't be disappointed. JMHO :cool:

WB

billyjoeraybob

We have only ever towed with the MorRyde pin box. Had the dealer swap it from the 3010 to the current 3270 last year. Works well for us!!

That's cool! Are you guys coming to the NC Rally this year?

richheck

Seasoned Member
Had a trail air on my previous coach, ordered my 2017 with the morryde pin from the factory. After first tow ordered a new Flex air, installed it myself. World of difference between the two, prefer the flex air after just returning from a 4,000 mile trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

billyjoeraybob

Did a short 60 mile tow with the new pinbox yesterday. Wow what a difference! It didn't get rid of all of the chucking, but it did eliminate about 90% and what it didn't eliminate it greatly reduced. I would definitely recommend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jimcat

Hi folks.. we are going to replace our lippert original 1621 pinbox.. I have two in mind... the morryde with those little white things in them.. or the geny pinbox for 5th wheels not the goose neck. Thoughts? Mrscat did not like that 2200 mile trip with our lippert one.. to bouncy and chucky

thanks
Jim

Et1958

I swapped my 1621 for a Morryde- It doesn't eliminate everything but greatly reduces the chucking.
2017 Elkridge Xtreme lite

wdk450

I have had both the MorRyde rubber block and the Air bag type of pinboxes. I prefer the Air Bag type, although I have to top of air pressure in the pinbox every month or so before a trip.

jimcat

I have had both the MorRyde rubber block and the Air bag type of pinboxes. I prefer the Air Bag type, although I have to top of air pressure in the pinbox every month or so before a trip.
I would rather avoid that

centerline

the air-ride pin boxes will out perform any other kind, IF they are adjusted properly... the downside to them is that they need to aired up often.
but I found that this can be cured by removing the airbag and adding tire slime to it, inflating it with air til its kind of tight, then rolling it around so the slime coats the entire inside of the bag.... then deflating it and installing.... then inflating it with nitrogen instead of air.... so far I havent had to add any additional pressure to it for over a year.... im curious to see how long it will last using the nitrogen as the filler gas...

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I've had the MorRyde pinbox on our last (2) rigs and it was great. I just purchased one for our new rig and will be installing it this spring.

david-steph2018

When we bought the Road Warrior, I had the stock hitch switched out for the MorRyde like you described Jimcat. It will help dampen the ride, but also watch your pin weight, that helps allot.