Installing 4000 Onan in a Torque T26

treitz

I am installing a Onan 4000 in a Torque T26. Can anyone advise how much underbelly liner is cut away for the exhaust and hot air duct. Also does the gen just set on the sheet metal floor or is there some metal structure I need to fabricate. If someone could send a couple pics it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help
Tim

hoefler

Mount right on the metal floor, you should have a cut out template with the generator to guide you in cutting the holes for the vent, exhaust, and oil drain.

treitz

Onan does not supply the template. It must be ordered. Do you cut away all the plastic liner below the gen box? I can assume you have to to allow for the drains and oil drain.

Dahillbilly

my Torque 5er came with the Gen prep package, the compartment floor is all open except for two metal channels that the generator bolts down to.

treitz

Mine has a sheet metal bottom in it. I have to cut the liner panel to see what is under the sheet metal.

porthole

Retired
The opening underneath the generator is pretty much 'framed in'. The corroplast is completely removed within that frame.
The air cooled Onan's intake and exhaust air from the bottom.