Installing a power reel for my cyclone 4000

Has anyone installed a power reel into a cyclone 4000 5th wheel? I am tired of always rolling up a dirty heavy cord and lugging it around. I don't really want to take up space in my storage pass thru.

danemayer

Hi willardmoore,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. I'm sure if anyone has installed a power reel they'll be happy to share their experience with you.

OEFVET

I have a 4200 and installed it under the hot water heater. I will upload pictures and post to this thread.
Power Reel 4200.jpg

Last edited:

OEFVET

Fabricated brackets to extend it from the frame. I can't show pictures now because I would need to remove the enclosed under belly.

So the triangle bracket that comes off of frame that would prevent you from inserting the reel under the hot water heater. Did u have to cut that out in order for it to fit? Also did you use the low profile reel from TDI?

image.jpg
This is the bracket that is preventing me from installing it under my hot water heater

OEFVET

On the 4200 the bracket was not in the way. Have you measured and determined the bracket is in the way or is it close? Maybe the bracket on the 4000 is in a slightly different spot.

BLHFUN

I know Deleware is a long way from Missouri, but I'm pretty sure you need to make a trip down. I can't picture these fabricated brackets you made. It would be cheaper to drive down, rather than take the underbelly apart and snap pictures....... :). Just saying!

If i put it on the right side of the bracket it would stick out when slide is open. If i out it to keft of bracket it would hit the valves for black and grey water