installing my second a/c (bedroom) wire question

I have purchased and "started" the install of a new unit. after removing the ceiling vent I found the wires I was told the unit was pre wired for, however my issue is there are also other wires I found up there that I am not sure what they are for. there are three wires I found. one is the 110 line for main power supply, the other is what looks like a thermostat wire (this wire has 4 wires in it) the last wire is small like the wire I am assuming is the thermostat wire but has only 2 wires in it (one red, one black) the main question here is what is the last wire for?

please note, after reading on another post here I found the other end for the thermostat on the wall by removing the bedroom light switch. so unless im wrong I only need help with the small wire with red & black wires inside. thanks for any help

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I installed the bedroom air on my 2008 3400RL.
My AC had the thermostat on the unit itself so I didn't need any of the bell wire.
I have no idea what the two wire, red/black, is for, but if you know where the thermostat wire is you should be good to go.
I assume that you have a wall mounted thermostat.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All I know is that if your t-stat is on the AC unit you will not need the other wires.
If the bedroom ceiling vent fan is a Fantastic fan, the bathroom is a great place to relocate it to.

Peace
Dave

HornedToad

It may be a 12v line. Check with voltmeter

When I pulled the vent to put an AC in the garage of my TH, I had to cut the red & white 12V wires to the fan in the vent. The vent in my bedroom doesn't have a fan, but maybe they're all wired for one?