Installing TV in bedroom. 27RLSS

RamblinFever

Want to install a flat-screen above the cabinet in the bedroom. Wall is than and nothing very solid to install a wall mount. Any suggestions?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Meant to say wall is THIN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We were told by Heartland not to install a tv to the outside wall, there is nothing to support it. Instead we mounted a swing arm to the corner of the closet.
7a368e46de63048b05896b0dc2d4b0a9.jpg

c5a02ea5bcc0892b225a912d0659edd7.jpg

370301e4cb453fc2459f6e0960c26009.jpg

(Strapped up ready for travel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinFever

Can you take a photo of where you want to mount your TV?

That might help us with ideas.
0c9a0cdd8ad8ff4047b3c0086230c5a5.jpg

Here's the pic of the cabinet. Thinking I should make a bracket and mount to the top of the cabinet and tilt out slightly.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since the TV antenna/cable outlet is mounted on the wall from the factory, I'll bet there is a backer plate in the wall somewhere near that wall plate.

Either to the left of the wall plate or perhaps above it.

With your two thumbs about two inches apart, press in on the wall and check that whole area for a spot that doesn't flex that will be around 8 - 12 inches square.

And that will be the backer plate!

sengli

That wall of course is an inside wall to the commode room. Its not an outside wall. We had that same elkridge, when we first started out too. I think there is some 2x2's in that wall to mount to. Ours had a black felt covered piece of plywood attached to the studs in the wall, and then the TV mount, screwed to that piece of plywood.

RamblinFever

That wall of course is an inside wall to the commode room. Its not an outside wall. We had that same elkridge, when we first started out too. I think there is some 2x2's in that wall to mount to. Ours had a black felt covered piece of plywood attached to the studs in the wall, and then the TV mount, screwed to that piece of plywood.
The wall adjoining the bathroom is very thin. I have already pushed in several places. The only solid part of the wall is around the antenna plate and electric outlet. I'm convinced they were meaning you to have a small table TV on the cabinrt.

mlpeloquin

Get a good wall stud finder that also detects metal studs. I was able to find and install a different microwave mount because it detected the plate and let me know just how wide and tall it was. If there is a stud or plate to mount to, then it will find it. Don't guess.