Installing Winegard Trav'ler Model SK-SWM3 question

Dan_Lisa

Hello friends,
I am attempting to install the Winegard SK-SWM3 on out 2017 Bighorn 3675EL. I found the coax, 2ea and the power/control cable in the ceiling of the bedroom. All is good there. However there are 2 coax cables in the ceiling and the installation instructions from Winegard only show one coax and the control cable connection to the Antenna. How do I know which coax to run up on the roof? Where do these 2 coax go? A wiring diagram or any other information would greatly appreciated.

Dan

danemayer

Hi Dan,

The 2 coax cables go to the Universal Docking Center (UDC). There are 4 coax connectors there, arranged in a row. There are 2 pairs. For each pair, one goes to the roof and the other goes to the living room or bedroom. If the Winegard has only one coax connection, to fee both locations, you'll need an appropriate splitter in the UDC to feed both bedroom and living room. For Directv installations, they have a specific splitter. For Directv, you'll probably also need a Power Inserter that goes inline between the receiver and position 1 on the Directv splitter. That powers the LNB on the dish.

In the UDC diagram below, yours may be arranged the same, but it's easy for the factory to get them switched behind the UDC.

Directv 4way splitter notated.jpgView attachment Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf

Dan_Lisa

Dan thanks for the reply. I have found that at the UDC I have one face plate that has 1 coax connector and a HDMI port. A second face plate that has 2 coax, one does say AUX/SAT the other not labeled. However there is a small push button on this one that powers a small green light when pushed to 'on'. The AUX/SAT is not used so I am assuming that one of the coax in the ceiling that goes to the antenna base is the one labeled AUX/SAT. I just have to figure out which coax to run to the antenna base. Thanks for your quick response.

danemayer

Sounds like the wall plates in the closet. You want to look outside, where the water connections are made.

Btw, I think in the closet, you'll find the other end of the control cable that goes up to the dish.