Insurance cost what do you pay.

Poofam

I’m changing insurance agents and trying to see what the average cost would be for a policy with 30 days of use. 2016 landmark Charleston we have a full time policy now but got a park model in the same campground and just need to change over for better coverage. My quote is $560 a year Thanks in advance. POO

NP_Chief

There may be more, but the only company I know of that lets you swap between storage and use is Good Sam.

NYSUPstater

We pay about the same amount thru Progressive for a year. Agent says it's still the best ins (at least for us) company for RV's and that's w/ everything else under another ins company.

NP_Chief

Guess I should've said who I use... We have our rig insured on our auto policy with Farm Bureau and I believe it's in the $500/year range.

david-steph2018

I’m changing insurance agents and trying to see what the average cost would be for a policy with 30 days of use. 2016 landmark Charleston we have a full time policy now but got a park model in the same campground and just need to change over for better coverage. My quote is $560 a year Thanks in advance. POO

We insure with Progressive (all of our vehicles) which include RV, Dodge Ram and the golf cart. At the campground were we spend the summer we are required to have a different insurance. It is vacation coverage, it is higher required coverage. Check to see if the campground requires a different type of insurance since it is a park model

Poofam

We insure with Progressive (all of our vehicles) which include RV, Dodge Ram and the golf cart. At the campground were we spend the summer we are required to have a different insurance. It is vacation coverage, it is higher required coverage. Check to see if the campground requires a different type of insurance since it is a park model
We have both park model and Rv what is your premium on the Rv with full coverage?

david-steph2018

We have both park model and Rv what is your premium on the Rv with full coverage?

Right about the same of what you are paying, but for a half, about $100/month. Wife said it is higher since the vacation coverage required for the campground.

But I had an incident with it in April 2018, put a hole in the corner of the nose, and Progressive was great. The adjuster came to my house, and gave an estimate which was lower then the repair place. He and repair place talked, to get a better description of cost and procedure. After that he upped the estimate which covered it except the deductible. His excused was the description of repair was too broad, he wanted more details as for repairs.
But the nice part he called and explained it, then called and gave us several updates during the process. The adjuster was great and he called before the repair place and told us it was ready for pick up.

But I would recommend both Progressive and the RV repair place, if asked.

sengli

Thru erie group, along with house and several cars. Our 2015 landmark ashland is $200 per year.

rdgt67

I think progressive is getting to me. I pay 221$ a month. That covers 75k replacement and 40k in contents, plus full time on the coast....

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't put wvst. 2015 Landmark key west

Fox

I guess that makes me (my Bighorn) an outlier.

My USAA insurance (sorry I don't know the details) is $52 per 6 months. Maybe I'm under-insured, but that's what they recommended when I added it to my policy (house, multiple vehicles, and this 5th wheel).

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
There are too many factors to consider to try and compare rates. It is just not possible for 2 households to have the same rate. Here are just a few of the things that can affect the premium you pay. Your location, your CREDIT, age, marital status, driving record, claim record, if you own or rent your home, age of the RV, value of the RV and discounts for a home policy or or multiple vehicles as well as dozens of others I can't think of right now.

travlingman

Another thing that makes it hard to compare is what the policy covers. Alot of companies don't cover awnings, but don't tell you. Also, is the policy for a set amount or full replacement at today's cost?

I/we live in Alberta. We just insured our 2014 Landmark savannah at full replacement cost. We have full coverage and pay $65.00 per month. Although our camping season is really only 5-6 months long.

pegmikef

I have had Farmers for as long as I can remember and the policy that covers my 2017 F350 Dually King Ranch and I2018 Landmark Oshkosh runs just under $1200 per six months for full replacement cost and million dollar liability. I also have my home and two other vehicles insured with Farmers and get all the available discounts.

Hey. I think the time has come to update this thread cause it's been almost 3 years since it was updated last time. Insurance costs can vary depending on many factors like the type of coverage, the value of your RV, and the location of the campground. It's good to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. If you're in Portland, Oregon, it's good to check out options available in the city by searching. Let me know if it helps some fo you, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

I just got my notice for my yearly fulltimer RV insurance from Progressive. I have heard other RVers on the internet saying that insurance prices had been going up a lot for them (like everything else this year). I was pleasantly surprised after checking my monthly bills spreadsheet for April 2022 to see that my Progressive premium this year IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS LAST YEAR - $409.76 payable in 4 monthly payments of $109.51.

Et1958

Hey. I think the time has come to update this thread cause it's been almost 3 years since it was updated last time. Insurance costs can vary depending on many factors like the type of coverage, the value of your RV, and the location of the campground. It's good to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. If you're in Portland, Oregon, it's good to check out options available in the city by searching for insurance portland oregon. Let me know if it helps some fo you, guys.
Sounds like a sales pitch to me- 3 year old thread and new member posting about it.

Et1958

I wasnt mentioning WDK450- it was MichelleMcDanierl I was mentioning- Just joined last month and posting about local insurance.
I know WDK450 has been on here a lot with good info.
Sorry for confusion.