Interior re-do.

Furious10

Thank you for the pump location, mine doesn't come on when I flip the switch on the panel by the door so I need to troubleshoot it. Just so I'm straight on that wiring, you left it coming out of the floor, laid it flat and covered over it with a piece of new vinyl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wire was fished under the vinyl (flat) and re-connected at the door side. Then I put a piece of matching new vinyl over the hole and covered all of that with an area rug. It can't be fished under the floor as the trailer frame is in the way and we weren't about to pull up vinyl and sub-floor for one little wire. Fishing it under the vinyl (flat) seemed the way to go. We don't step there and the area rug covers it.20170724_131936.jpg BTW: Don't buy a piece of vinyl or wood floor. We just got one of those free sample "swatches" that they have in Lowe's.

Greggshere

The wire was fished under the vinyl (flat) and re-connected at the door side. Then I put a piece of matching new vinyl over the hole and covered all of that with an area rug. It can't be fished under the floor as the trailer frame is in the way and we weren't about to pull up vinyl and sub-floor for one little wire. Fishing it under the vinyl (flat) seemed the way to go. We don't step there and the area rug covers it.View attachment 53524 BTW: Don't buy a piece of vinyl or wood floor. We just got one of those free sample "swatches" that they have in Lowe's.

Ahhh, ok now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I picked up two small Lazy Boy recliners on sale at the lazy Boy store last week and I'm still deciding how I want to do the two sides. I might do an angle type thing to get a smidge more room between them. I haven't gotten that far yet. I have the middle of the booth removed right now and will probably determine the rest this weekend.

Furious10

Ahhh, ok now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I picked up two small Lazy Boy recliners on sale at the lazy Boy store last week and I'm still deciding how I want to do the two sides. I might do an angle type thing to get a smidge more room between them. I haven't gotten that far yet. I have the middle of the booth removed right now and will probably determine the rest this weekend.

Smidges are important LOL. We made sure we could reach and operate the push buttons for reclining and the USB ports. We left the driver side pretty much the same as it contains the water heater and can't be changed too much. The door side we made smaller but, keep in mind, that takes away some storage. We still have some storage on the driver side and the door side but it is small. We can get the chocks, pads, drill for stabilizers, load equalizer bars, and a few other essentials in those now. The nice thing, for us, was the fact that the electric was already located there. The pass-through lights are behind the couch now and provide an up-light effect. Of course, we still have the rear storage and the truck bed. Good luck. I'm interested to see the progress pictures.

Greggshere

So between last weekend and this weekend I got it all done. The two LazyBoy recliners I bought fit perfect. The wife wanted his and hers in different colors and I was scepticle, but now that they are in I really like the two different colors side by side. They are the same model of recliner rockers and there is plenty of room for them to fully recline. SO comfortable, and so much nicer than the booth. Now we can actually sit and relax. I think next I might up-size the TV just a bit so my wife can read the closed caption easier. Anyway, here are some photos I took along the way, assuming I get them posted correctly now that my PB is closed. I think they are sideways and don't know how to correct that.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 172

Power247

Looks great!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Furious10

That looks fantastic. The colors are great. I love the side tops...great choice. I am going to steal the small table design...perfect. I know you guys will like this waaay more than the booth. It looks so comfy and homey.

Greggshere

That looks fantastic. The colors are great. I love the side tops...great choice. I am going to steal the small table design...perfect. I know you guys will like this waaay more than the booth. It looks so comfy and homey.

Thank you for the compliments, but it was your work that inspired me to tackle this, so all thanks goes to you. :) Yes it is very comfortable, and I put 25 watt bulbs in the two lamps so the ambiance is really nice in there after dark, perfect for relaxing or watching TV. We absolutely LOVE it. Got a great price on the recliners too, normally $629 each on sale for $279 each. I thought they were floor models on sale, but apparently not because we had a few colors to choose from and went to the warehouse to pick them up.

BobbyandGenee

I know this is a bit off topic, but is regards to your earlier response about what storage is left after the redo......do you have any plans to improve the under bed storage? It is one of my high priority projects for this winter.

Furious10

Got a great price on the recliners too, normally $629 each on sale for $279 each. I thought they were floor models on sale, but apparently not because we had a few colors to choose from and went to the warehouse to pick them up.
Wow! That was quite a deal. I love the lamp idea and was thinking about that today. Would love to see it sometime. I had a vacation home in the Lake Gaston area a few years ago...right on the VA, NC border. We've been thinking about a camping trip to that area again.

Furious10

I know this is a bit off topic, but is regards to your earlier response about what storage is left after the redo......do you have any plans to improve the under bed storage? It is one of my high priority projects for this winter.

We need to do some measuring but I think we might go with some pull-out drawers. We could bring them out as far as the wall. We did something similar in the Shasta and it worked great. We would still be able to lift the bed for full access under the bed. We don't have a storage problem ( I'm pretty minimalist), and we're probably the only people who remove storage (bathroom and sides) instead of adding it :). I'll be looking forward to your solution.

Greggshere

I know I'm not really planning on it. If Darrel and Pam tackle something pretty cool that I like I might imitate it(imitation is the best form of flattery):eek: if it makes sense for us. My truck bed is more than enough storage with the top on it. I bought a 43" TV last night and plan to try and get it mounted this weekend.

Greggshere

I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. The caption is much easier for my wife to see than the little TV that came in the Terry. Another benefit is it found 32 channels that it picks up on the antenna, whereas the little TV only got three, and those were intermittent. All 32 are coming in crystal clear and show no signs of dropping out. The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear. Maybe it was a Blue Ray disc, I never checked, I'll look at that tomorrow. I shored up the mounting surface for the TV bracket by gluing, screwing and nailing, using my brad nailer, a 12" square piece of 1/2" plywood to the panel where the bracket mounts. I then added a 1/8" 12" x 12" of finished panel using the same gluing, screwing and nailing as the plywood to give it a cleaner look. I then let it all set over night and installed the bracket using screws that were long enough to penetrate it all and into whatever slight structure was there to start with. It seems nice and solid and I also put a couple of pieces of velcro on the back of the TV to "stick" it to the cabinet face when traveling.

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0826.jpg

danemayer

I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. ....The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear.
Check the TV menu settings to make sure you're not set for Component Video In.

danemayer

AV or Composite uses Red, Yellow, White RCA connectors. Component use Red, Green, Blue connectors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Furious10

I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear. Maybe it was a Blue Ray disc, I never checked, I'll look at that tomorrow.

If it is Blu-Ray that may be the problem.