Interior re-do.

Greggshere

The booth looks so much better than stock. The grand daughter will have a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing progress pics of the bathroom. Can you post which tub and surround you went with? I'm still contemplating the bathroom mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyandGenee

Yes we are going to use this product floor to ceiling in entire bath. Each 2'x4' tile will add 1 pound to our GVW. Just need to figure out the shower valve once we get everything out, and how we will do shelves.

I have never done a full bathroom in an RV. So I assume I have to use an "RV" style shower valve. Can I get input from everyone on this question? If so, I need to order a new chrome one from RV parts country. This cheap looking white one has got to go.

And I think I will add a slide bar for the new shower head so we have more adjustability.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I could not read all the documentation on the tile you intend to use, but I am wondering if you can use it in direct water contact applications? How will it be grouted? I question how you intend to install as well, as traditional home building you need a cement backer or a special sealed drywall for wet areas behind tile? Water does get into grout. In our first starter home, new construction, about 2 years later our whole subdivision had issues with mold due to water seeping into grout lines and builder had used plain drywall behind.

BobbyandGenee

So we had had a nice talk with the manufacture about this before we decided to try it.

We will be coating the walls of the shower with Hydroban (similar to Home Depot Res Guard) This will provide a water proof barrier that has some flex to it.

The tile is real stone. It will be installed with a hydroban adhesive. We know from prior use that this bond is virtually unbreakable.

There are no grout lines. All the tile is tight joint. Then a standard stone dealer is applied to the finished product to further increase the water proofing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So we had had a nice talk with the manufacture about this before we decided to try it.

We will be coating the walls of the shower with Hydroban (similar to Home Depot Res Guard) This will provide a water proof barrier that has some flex to it.

The tile is real stone. It will be installed with a hydroban adhesive. We know from prior use that this bond is virtually unbreakable.

There are no grout lines. All the tile is tight joint. Then a standard stone dealer is applied to the finished product to further increase the water proofing.

Sounds like a plan!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Furious10

21462308_10208096114315461_3696995065072599630_n.jpgSo, I'm trying to go with the Googie, mid-century modern, atomic (think Jetsons) style in the trailer. I wanted something on the small wall that the TV cabinet makes.
I saw a boomerang style clock while browsing the net. I used a boomerang theme in the Shasta and it fits perfectly with atomic style. The clock I saw was metal, too big and costs $700. Using that clock as a guide (not the same design), I made a working prototype out of lighter wood.
photo.php

Furious10

Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.
20170915_174952.jpg

Also, I finally got the curtains done and installed. The fabric is called 'atomic boomerang' and nicely fits our theme.
20170915_174750.jpg 20170915_174806.jpg

Oh...and a couple of small pillows. 20170915_174723.jpg

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

.......... Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.

Why would you do this? It seems like there is no value to doing it and it will only add weight. Not saying you're wrong to do it...just wanted to understand why you're doing it..?? :confused:

BobbyandGenee

That looks great! We want to do something with the curtains also, but we don't sew....lol! So that project will have to wait a bit.

After I finish the bathroom, I am going to explore the bedroom storage area. I agree, the design makes it very difficult to use.

Greggshere

View attachment 54465So, I'm trying to go with the Googie, mid-century modern, atomic (think Jetsons) style in the trailer. I wanted something on the small wall that the TV cabinet makes.
I saw a boomerang style clock while browsing the net. I used a boomerang theme in the Shasta and it fits perfectly with atomic style. The clock I saw was metal, too big and costs $700. Using that clock as a guide (not the same design), I made a working prototype out of lighter wood.
photo.php

I like it. Very well made. Great job!

Greggshere

We decided to use a lift strut to gain access under the bed. I used a 21", 100 lb. capacity lift. Only one is necessary to lift the bed and hold it open. Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.
View attachment 54539

Also, I finally got the curtains done and installed. The fabric is called 'atomic boomerang' and nicely fits our theme.
View attachment 54540 View attachment 54541

Oh...and a couple of small pillows. View attachment 54542

Very cool, nice custom touches are what them all different though they look the same on the outside.

Furious10

Why would you do this? It seems like there is no value to doing it and it will only add weight. Not saying you're wrong to do it...just wanted to understand why you're doing it..?? :confused:

By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like you're going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.
​Hope that answers your question...

Last edited:

Furious10

That looks great! We want to do something with the curtains also, but we don't sew....lol!

We don't sew, either :p. I had a local drapery business do it. They have done drapes for me in the past. They also don't charge much (we are a small town) and do excellent work. You just have to be sure you're not in a big hurry...LOL.

Oregon_Camper

By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like your are going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.

Yes...that answers my question. Thank for giving me the info....good to know for sure! :)

Islanders

By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like you're are going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.
We didn't have our Terry home 5 minutes before we replaced the particle board under the mattress with plywood. We did not want to sleep breathing in the formaldehyde. True most trailers are made with particle board because it is cheaper and we cannot replace it all but there are a few things we can do to improve the interior air quality. I have several formaldehyde absorbing plants and we keep an air purifier going 24/7. We also kept the windows and door open 24/7 unti this weekend when the weather turned wet and cool. It still has that particle board smell...but it is much better.

BobbyandGenee

Here is our kitchen I just finished. Used Speed Tiles. Cutting in that window was VERY time consuming but worth it!
cc368effedb3416589b9db1765a0e24f.jpg

BobbyandGenee

And that bathroom faucet has been bugging me too! You can barely get your hands under it! Replaced that today also!
754ac024e7dddf745dd09e2af1286f7b.jpg

BobbyandGenee

And since we eliminated the cabinet in the bathroom, we needed a storage spot with easy access to replace it. So I took one door from the old cabinet and installed it in the side of the bed. Now that whole cavity is easily accessible!
c893ee6436598ba178a968a1dfa8b916.jpg