Interstate 10

Piperflyer

Planning on going from FL - CA on interstate 10 in a 5th Wheel in a few weeks. I have had varied opinions on traveling this route. Some say 10 is a real bumpy road to travel and others say it is fine. Others have said to take interstate 40 instead. Any comments appreciated

chiefneon

Howdy!

We traveled I-10 from Houston to Florida last year and the road was good except for about a 15 miles of ruff road in Louisanna between Beaux Bridge and AtchafalAya bridge. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Actually, we drove that very section of I-10 westbound after going to the Louisiana HOC rally in Henderson and they were resurfacing the road. Let's hope it gets better.

pegmikef

We took I-10 from Beaumont, TX to Florida and Back last year and to a couple of rallies in LA, and last fall from LA through Houston to Junction, TX. We routinely take I-10 from Sonora, TX to Phoenix, AZ and back. The only rough road we have encountered as Jay already pointed out is a stretch in Louisiana. I can't vouch for anything west of Phoenix.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Planning on going from FL - CA on interstate 10 in a 5th Wheel in a few weeks. I have had varied opinions on traveling this route. Some say 10 is a real bumpy road to travel and others say it is fine. Others have said to take interstate 40 instead. Any comments appreciated

I live in the area (Lake Charles) and can help you with anything specific between the atachafalya basin all the way to Houston just let me know. They have been doing inspections on the talk bridge here and have been alternating days but traffic slows to a crawl and the loop will slow down as some idiots want to play bumper cars. Send me a msg if I can help.

Lou_and_Bette

When you get close to New Orleans, consider taking I-12 to cut off the loop of I-10 that dips all the way down to the city of New Orleans. Less traffic and quicker. As others have said,there are a few rough spots.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
One good thing about I-10 is that it is relatively flat. 40 you are going to encounter more Hills. Trace

jassson007

When you get close to New Orleans, consider taking I-12 to cut off the loop of I-10 that dips all the way down to the city of New Orleans. Less traffic and quicker. As others have said,there are a few rough spots.

Not really less traffic just different traffic especially with the continuing construction on 12

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We traveled I-10 between Deming, NM and Tucson, AZ in February . . .

Excellent drive, although windy and dusty!

gasman

Camp Socializer
There are some rough sections between Phoenix and LA but no worse than any other route. Traffic is always bad around large cities, so plan to travel through those areas during the middle of the day to avoid the commuter traffic.

At the Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge I-10 drops down to one lane on the east side of the river. It's known to back up ten plus miles in the afternoon rush hour. It's just plain stupid that its designed that way.

Bob Vaughn

In April 2014 we were headed west in La. and just before TX the road was so rough it vibrated the bolts out of our cargo basket on the back of our BC.....

we were on I-10 back in April. The stretch from Baton Rouge to Lafayette is rough but from Lafayette to Beaumont is very rough.

Abear79

To all, AVOID Baton Rouge During morning work and evening work times. If any of you can not travel at night or early morning and are traveling east bound, Take the Ramah exit and take Rosedale Rd to 415 then left on 415 to 190, right on 190 cross old Mississippi bridge and find another route from there. 2 chemical plants are doing some major expansions. We are seeing an extra 3000 to 4000 drivers everyday. be warned old bridge is narrow, but manageable. I cross it with a gateway. but try to avoid Baton rouge during heavy traffic hours. And it seems that most of the day on Sundays are bad.

Piperflyer

Has I-10 gotten any better to travel from AZ-FL especially around LA since summer began. I'm still hearing it will jar your teeth with all the rough sections of road still on it.

jassson007

Has I-10 gotten any better to travel from AZ-FL especially around LA since summer began. I'm still hearing it will jar your teeth with all the rough sections of road still on it.

I live in swla and travel I 10 everyday and have been on rougher highways and interstates in Virginia and PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk