Introducing Heartland Owners Position

jimtoo

Oh NO>> we have all vanished.. where oh where did we go????? I KNOW,,, we have gone to a far better place...,,,, Linuxkidd's delete button....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
LK, Is there a problem with the HOP? a couple days ago I was able to move my pin as we were traveling. Today I can update the location info but the pin won't say where I put it. It goes back to OKC. All the others pins have disappeared but when we click on "your entry" it show our pin but mine is not where I want it. Any thoughts? Thanks

linuxkidd

Hey guys,
Thanks for pointing this out... certain characters were causing issues for the XML formatting. Code has been added to correct for those 'special' characters...

All better.. :)
LK

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Hey, LK! How do I load an image for my marker tab? When I go to my info, it says to load image URL. Can we get a browse button there to load an image from my pictures?
Thanks
Fred

linuxkidd

Hey Fred,
The only way to do such at thing at this point is to upload the image to the HOG and link to that image in HOP...

When you get the image loaded into HOG, get it so that you can view the thumbnail, then right click the thumbnail and hit 'Copy Image Location' (the verbage may be different in IE, but make sure you select the Image location, and not the link location for the copy )... Then go into HOP and 'Paste' the Image location into the URL area...

If you have problems, feel free to ask..
LK

Ray LeTourneau

Having Trouble with HOP

I've been trying to change our position on the HOP map but not having any luck. I'm able to get the new location description in but when I try zooming in to our new location and clicking on the map, nothing happens. Anyone else having this trouble?

Tom of Ypsi

I had the same trouble yesterday but managed to work it out. I did not enter my new location the first time and a few other times. When I finally figured that out I accidentally pushed the little hand to some unknown spot and ended up somewhere I could not even find. I finally zoomed in to where I am now hit the little hand to that spot and I am now where I am suppose to be. Will have to do this again tomorrow, going to Mitchell, SD. Good luck and see you in 1 1/2 weeks.

Ray LeTourneau

On Edit, I used MS Streets & Trips to get coordinates and put those into the HOP and now we're where we are supposed to be. I guess clicking on the map isn't working right???

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ray
I don't think the pointer on the map has been working right from the beginning. Like you I have used the Lat & Long from Streets & Trips to place my location..
However for those that do not have Streets & Trips this works also..
When you go into [Your Entry] and get ready for the Lat & Long, hold the shift key down and click on the [Show Main Map]. When it comes up start drilling down to where you are located and get in as close as you can. Once you make the final click on where you should be you will see the Lat & Long over to the right. Just highlite the Lat and paste it in the Lat of [Your Entry], then do the same with the Long. Go down and click on update and you should be pretty close. Works for me..

Look forward to seeing you all at the rally next week.

davelinde

I think this is a slick little tool.

It was easy to add a picture... but I can't find many other people who did. Am I the only one with too much time to play with tools?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I actually had not thought much about using an image.. Not bad.. Is that one of where you are now or just one you took some time ago.

I might try it also.. I thought the image had something to do with the push pin..

davelinde

.. Is that one of where you are now or just one you took some time ago. I thought the image had something to do with the push pin..

I also thought the image was for the marker, since you can do that in other googlemaps. But last night I was playing with it and learned what it really did.

yes that image is actually where I am right now.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Help Changing Location!!!!

I GIVE UP HELP!!!!!!!!!
I go to my entry clean out home and all information. I enter my location. I go to the Map zoom in to AZ location and click on street and I can NOT get the marker to change it still shows home location. I have tried several times over the course of about 1 hr .
Thanks in advance for all help.
Wayne

irvin56

check out post #16

I also had major problems
This helped and works
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7098