Introductions from FLA

Well not sure where to start. Wife and I got our first 5th wheel a week before Hurricane Ian (Thank GOD). It survived with some damage, but nothing I can't fix or have fixed. I have about a million questions, but no clue where to start.

Anyway, I am a 51yr old veteran of the Army, 1st Cavalry Div. We reside currently in FL but plan on travelling around a bit to find a permeant place to call home.

david-steph2018

We have a 2018 Road Warrior and full time. We are currently in Orlando at the Thousand Trails Park on 27.
Thanks for your service, I was in the Navy for the decade of the 80's.

Dahillbilly

just ask away that's what so great about this forum, someone has been there or seen it. Lots of information in the above Tools tab. We have a 40' 5th wheel toyhauler & it's our very 1st rv.

NYSUPstater

Don't ask me, I'm just a dumb (*******) truck driver!! LOL. Seriously tho, Dahillbilly is spot on. Lots of badgering, but a LOT of good info as well.

THANK YOU for your service.

Thanks for the welcome all. Well ****, where to even start LOL. We got our unit from an Air Force Veteran. We are planning on buying the truck they have as well (2005 F350 7.3).
As for the home, it took me forever to figure some stuff out. He can't find the manual so I had to google how to get the refridgerator to turn on. Not really liking having to keep that inverter on all the time, but that seems to be what keeps the fridge on (I think).
There are a few switches on the wall that are not labeled, so if anyone has a clue what the **** those are, I would be grateful. I can post them up here (if allowed).
Lets see, whats next.....ok the floodlights on both sides are not coming on with the wall switch. Fuse seems good but unsure on that one.

The only damage we got during Ian was the corner on the right rear separated and we got some wood damage in the wall there. I am researching the epoxy resin injection system in hopes of repairing it myself. Can't really afford a pro job on what chump change the VA tosses me each month. That and the awning on the TV/Fridge/Stove slide broke, but that seems to be in plentiful supply...if only expensive as ****. LOL

If allowed, I can post some pictures of the home and the stuff mentioned.

Shea

david-steph2018

For the manual it would be best to get all of your appliance make/model numbers and look these up online.
The inverter should not be needed to be on all the time for the fridge to work. The fridge should work off the 110VAC shore power without the inverter.

Well not sure where to start. Wife and I got our first 5th wheel a week before Hurricane Ian (Thank GOD). It survived with some damage, but nothing I can't fix or have fixed. I have about a million questions, but no clue where to start.

Anyway, I am a 51yr old veteran of the Army, 1st Cavalry Div. We reside currently in FL but plan on travelling around a bit to find a permeant place to call home.
A great place to start is with the manual that came with your 5th wheel. It will help you understand what you've got and the systems you need to deal with. If you don't have the manual, look here:

This forum also has another source for manuals, including manuals for more specific models:

Dahillbilly

if you have a residential style frig should work on shore power or an inverter (battery 12DCV to 120ACV ). If you have dual source (120vac / propane/12vdc) you should have an "ON" BUTTON to push in & an "AUTO" button; when in AUTO mode the frig will work on either source automatically. If the AUTO button is in ours is in the LP/ 12vdc mode only.
You have to have 12vdc (battery) for the frig to work in either mode , power to control board.
hope this info helps keep asking away