Inverter Question

Verfuerth

We just purchased a 2009 Bighorn 3670RL. I am trying to locate the inverter and outlets connected to it in order to watch TV without a generator. Any information is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Unless an inverter was added by a previous owner, you don't have one on a 2009 Bighorn. Some years later, maybe on 2014 models, Heartland began offering Residential Refrigerators with an accompanying small inverter for the fridge.

If you don't want to use a generator, you'll need to add an inverter, wiring to the outlets you want powered, probably more batteries, and some way to charge up the batteries - perhaps Solar.

We just bought a 2019 North Trail 22FBS. It has a 1200 watt inverter under the queen bed. The people we bought it from were in banking. Its hooked to the 12v battery. It powered there computers and we were told it would work the tv. I have 2 solar panels on the roof putting out 500 watts of power. If I wish to use i plug in a drop cord in the inverter and to the tv.

wdk450

Digital devices (most everything nowdays) want clean, pure sine wave, power. No square wave or stepped waveform supplied power which has harmonic high frequency spikes embedded in their non-sinusoidal waveforms, which can cause digital errors in the circuitry. Look for inverters listed as "pure sine wave".