Is it ok to leave the inverter on all of the time

Dmetcalf

I have been just leaving my inverter on basically all of the time. Should I be turning it off when I’m hooked up to shore power or does it matter ..?
Thanks.

david-steph2018

I leave our inverter on all the time. Because if we are out and the power goes off, the fridge will stay on & cold. It has happened several times to us. in the past.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We leave ours on all the time. And have been for the last 7 years. However I did just have to change out my little transfer switch last week. Not sure if leaving it on had anything to do with it or not. My reasons for leaving it on is we have the fridge and freezer full and running 365 days a year, ready to go when we are.
If the transfer switch is working it switches over to shore power when your plugged in. We have not had any issues with the 1000watt invertor at all. Knock on wood !!!

Dmetcalf

I would think it wouldn’t hurt it by just leaving it on continuously because the shoreline power would cause it to turn off automatically. Then that’s just one thing I wouldn’t have to remember to turn on before we head out to a new location… it should automatically turn on and send power to our fridge when the shoreline power is disconnected…?

david-steph2018

We leave ours on all the time. And have been for the last 7 years. However I did just have to change out my little transfer switch last week. Not sure if leaving it on had anything to do with it or not. My reasons for leaving it on is we have the fridge and freezer full and running 365 days a year, ready to go when we are.
If the transfer switch is working it switches over to shore power when your plugged in. We have not had any issues with the 1000watt invertor at all. Knock on wood !!!
The dedicated transfer switch for our fridge went out in 2019. Found one on e-bay for $75.00. Took about 10 minutes to change it out, and no issues since.

jmarnell

The inverter in our Cyclone has been on for 4 1/2 years. No problems at all, and has been pointed out by others it ensures our refrigerator keeps going if the shore power goes out.