Is there an "All Seasons" package for the 2011 Bighorn Series M-3610RE?

Sparkys

It would be great if I could find someone who has the Pronghorn close to this model and maybe same year. I'm looking at this RV to purchase but I don't see anything on the RV or paperwork about it having or not having a 4 season package of some sort. I've provided the VIN number to Heartland and they have provided me the original production order for the RV and it lists all the features it has and I don't see any comment about an arctic pack or 4 season pack but I don't know for sure that in 2011 for this RV they even had packages like that. I question if they had a pack like this at the time because when I look up NADA for this RV there is no optional "arctic package" or "four seasons package" to check. I thought maybe if I found someone here who has a 2011 Big Horn that has a 4 season pack of some kind I would know they did have such a thing at that time. I would be very open to any other opinions anyone may have about this particular RV. Thank you for any help!

danemayer

Hi Sparkys,

We have a 2011 Landmark Rushmore, which is very similar to the Bighorn 3610RE, and was built on the same production line. At the time, Heartland offered optional Tank Heating Pads, which we got. The YETI / Canadian Arctic Packages came later, offering Tank Heating Pads, heated and insulated water line from the fresh tank, and radiant foil in the front and rear caps. Even later, the slide room floors were given additional insulation.

The rig you're looking at probably has a "Comfort Tested to 0 Degrees" label or something like that. But that's a statement about being able to maintain comfortable interior temps. It's not saying anything about keeping the water running.

We've used our Landmark for extended ski trips in the Colorado mountains with temps down to -30 (F). We use the furnace, the electric fireplace, and sometimes use a ceramic disc heater in the kitchen. But in addition to the Tank Heating Pads, I added heat tape and insulation to all water lines (except the washer), along with extra insulation in the underbelly. And the last 3 years I've used a foam-board mini-skirt with a heater in the enclosed area.

Retrofitting Tank Heating Pads is possible, but it will be difficult to get to the black tank because it's above the gray #1. In any event, the hardest part is taking down the coroplast to gain access. And once down, you may as well take care of the water lines and add insulation.

You may find our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide helpful.

Sparkys

Hi Sparkys,

We have a 2011 Landmark Rushmore, which is very similar to the Bighorn 3610RE, and was built on the same production line. At the time, Heartland offered optional Tank Heating Pads, which we got. The YETI / Canadian Arctic Packages came later, offering Tank Heating Pads, heated and insulated water line from the fresh tank, and radiant foil in the front and rear caps. Even later, the slide room floors were given additional insulation.

The rig you're looking at probably has a "Comfort Tested to 0 Degrees" label or something like that. But that's a statement about being able to maintain comfortable interior temps. It's not saying anything about keeping the water running.

We've used our Landmark for extended ski trips in the Colorado mountains with temps down to -30 (F). We use the furnace, the electric fireplace, and sometimes use a ceramic disc heater in the kitchen. But in addition to the Tank Heating Pads, I added heat tape and insulation to all water lines (except the washer), along with extra insulation in the underbelly. And the last 3 years I've used a foam-board mini-skirt with a heater in the enclosed area.

Retrofitting Tank Heating Pads is possible, but it will be difficult to get to the black tank because it's above the gray #1. In any event, the hardest part is taking down the coroplast to gain access. And once down, you may as well take care of the water lines and add insulation.

You may find our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide helpful.

That is some great information, sounds like you've done the cold weather camping! I don't see myself at 30 below in this RV, hopefully not below freezing bu possible close to it. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Sparky

macjj

I have a 2012 3070RL, it was built on a 10"frame therefore no room to inlclude an "Arctic package" according to the factory. The Landmark was built on a 12" frame. After spending a spring n Iowa, with temperatures in the 20's I would not recommend it, without some modifications. I incorporated a heater for the fresh water, and a heater in the plumbing compartment, but water in the the Propane lines (or bad gas) froze. Water in the lines to the shower and sink froze. I ad to replace the shower faucet, because it cracked from the ice expansion. I do not suppose the 2011 models are much different. However t is my understanding the new Bighorn models are built on a 12" frame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro