Issues Cropping up

pharmafrog

Well, she is getting older. Problems arising and fixes needed. If anyone has ideas on the following feel free to add any sage advice.

1. Ramp is delaminated, I have read all of the fixes, but she is still holding up to the weight of the golf cart. I would like a solution to getting the top of the door to seal better, always had a tiny bit of moisture after a hard rain. If there were a third clamp up higher that would solve it. Any ideas?

2. Entire hookup console is pulling from the side of the coach. Haven't really gotten in there, but anyone else had this problem, there is a widening gap, needs to be addressed.

3. Many pieces of trim have a little bit of swelling and water damage. I have a kid and dogs, wear spills wood swells. Heartland does make the trim color anymore. Figuring out a comparable stain color would be a pain in the ***. Thoughts. Can we buy the wood grain paper anywhere?

4. Also lost the awning this week due to a pop up storm, came out of nowhere. Arms are fine, just need new fabric. Company doesn't make it anymore, Sourcing for new awnings at an affordable price?

Any help is appreciated.

It is a 2015 4100 King.

david-steph2018

Well, she is getting older. Problems arising and fixes needed. If anyone has ideas on the following feel free to add any sage advice.

1. Ramp is delaminated, I have read all of the fixes, but she is still holding up to the weight of the golf cart. I would like a solution to getting the top of the door to seal better, always had a tiny bit of moisture after a hard rain. If there were a third clamp up higher that would solve it. Any ideas?

2. Entire hookup console is pulling from the side of the coach. Haven't really gotten in there, but anyone else had this problem, there is a widening gap, needs to be addressed.

3. Many pieces of trim have a little bit of swelling and water damage. I have a kid and dogs, wear spills wood swells. Heartland does make the trim color anymore. Figuring out a comparable stain color would be a pain in the ***. Thoughts. Can we buy the wood grain paper anywhere?

4. Also lost the awning this week due to a pop up storm, came out of nowhere. Arms are fine, just need new fabric. Company doesn't make it anymore, Sourcing for new awnings at an affordable price?

Any help is appreciated.

It is a 2015 4100 King.

Once you get the delamination taken care of look at this product:
Durabak Application & Prep. Instructions | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

I am considering this on the rear ramp and side patio on our Road Warrior. For awning repair we have used Tough Top Awnings for replacement material.

centerline

ss for the leaking rear door, on both toy haulers ive had in the past, I fabricated a rain gutter to attach over the door.... some trailers have a header cap that extends out past the door, which prevent snow from getting to the seal, but rain still wicks down to it..... with the over hanging header cap, iits easy to add a piece of aluminum angle to it to divert all the rain to the sides....

but i did more that just add a gutter.... I used 2x4 angle, and extended the gutter so it had a 2.5 inch trough for the water, and with this much space, I could take a pop up shade shelter, and after setting it up, i would lift it up and set one side of the structure into the gutter trough....

then extend the other legs to support the rest of it.... and used bungies to snug it down to the door handles so the wind wouldnt carry it away....

this way, when it sunshines, you have shade with the back of the trailer open rains, and when it rains, the water runs off the front edge of the shelter and deposited into the gutter, where it runs out the ends, and not drip on the ramp/door.... and the door can be closed up at night without moving the shelter from the gutter....

Sowie

Once you get the delamination taken care of look at this product:
Durabak Application & Prep. Instructions | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

I am considering this on the rear ramp and side patio on our Road Warrior. For awning repair we have used Tough Top Awnings for replacement material.

I have pictures of my replacement of my side patio on a different thread. Cyclone 4200. Heartland provided new patio and I did all labor. Before I installed it I took rear and side ramp to local Rhinoliner company and had both sprayed a light gray. Then found while re assembling the bolts that attach to the springs are actually hollow. That’s how the water gets in. I sealed all bolt penetrations and reassembled. This was in about 2017. So far all is still good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As far as matching trim color, you can take a piece of the trim to any paint dealer (Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin Moore, etc.)and they can mix up a small container of it for you.