Issues With New Landmark

PhilLad

Purchased a new 2017 Newport which fit our lifestyle and is very comfortable. We have had the entry door worked on three times and it is still not centered in the frame. The alignment problem makes the door difficult to open an close in addition to tearing off the weather stripping. We have two windows on order due to moisture between the glass. We are hoping the door can be adjusted but not looking too good. Guess the entire door may have to be replaced

PhilLad

Half bath wall

On our one month old Newport, the paneling on both side of the half bath wall has pulled out of the staples.

PhilLad

HDMI and coax

On our one month old Newport had to rewrite the HDMI due to a nail through the cable. Satellite coax connection in water hook up compartment does not work. Guess it needs to be rerun also.

PhilLad

Flooring

Vinyl floor damaged by slide out. Tried to get an extended two year warranty from Heartland. But was declined. I was in informed that Heartland would warranty the code of the flooring, $1800.00 but would not warranty the labor to replace flooring.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Door and Windows

Hello PhilLad and welcome to this great forum.
Since all of your recent posts tell of the problems you are having with your new Landmark I am consolidating them into one thread.
Are you seeking advice or just venting?

Peace
Dave

PhilLad

Re: Door and Windows

Hello PhilLad and welcome to this great forum.
Since all of your recent posts tell of the problems you are having with your new Landmark I am consolidating them into one thread.
Are you seeking advice or just venting?

Peace
Dave

Dave,
Not really venting, although it’s frustrating. I am working with the dealer and need any advice and support I can get. We are full time RV’ers and just want our issues fixed. We welcome your expertise.

danemayer

Re: Flooring

Vinyl floor damaged by slide out. Tried to get an extended two year warranty from Heartland. But was declined. I was in informed that Heartland would warranty the code of the flooring, $1800.00 but would not warranty the labor to replace flooring.
Hi PhilLad,

If you're the first owner and bought the LM 365 a month ago, you still have 23 months of your 2 year warranty on the coach, which I expect would include both parts and labor for damage to the floor material.

I'm a little confused about the $1800. New flooring is relatively inexpensive and would probably be shipped from Heartland to the dealer under warranty without charge to the dealer. Is it possible the dealer is asking Heartland to reimburse $1800 labor to install the new flooring? If so, Heartland might be balking at the dealer cost estimate.

Let me suggest you speak with Heartland Customer Service directly. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

PhilLad

Hi PhilLad,

If you're the first owner and bought the LM 365 a month ago, you still have 23 months of your 2 year warranty on the coach, which I expect would include both parts and labor for damage to the floor material.

I'm a little confused about the $1800. New flooring is relatively inexpensive and would probably be shipped from Heartland to the dealer under warranty without charge to the dealer. Is it possible the dealer is asking Heartland to reimburse $1800 labor to install the new flooring? If so, Heartland might be balking at the dealer cost estimate.

Let me suggest you speak with Heartland Customer Service directly. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Thank you for your input. I’m scheduled to drop off our RV on Monday to hopefully have all the defects repaired. I will cal customer service.

smoore

Thank you for your input. I’m scheduled to drop off our RV on Monday to hopefully have all the defects repaired. I will cal customer service.

PhilLad,

I would defiantly call Heartland, their customer service group has been a great deal of help to me with expediting repairs at times.

Garypowell

What others might be alluding to is that you cannot always trust the dealership. Take the flooring issue. The dealership might simply want more money to fix problem than HL will pay. So the dealership is trying to reach into your pocket.

Also many have reported that even though dealership says HL has said “this or that” the dealership in fact never called HL.

The point is is by pulling HL directly into the situation you hear their side of the fix.

sengli

We had problems with our entry door, once under warranty. The dealer was forced to replace entire door assembly came as a single replaceable unit. You couldnt get just the door without the framework too, everything is riveted together.

carl.swoyer

A photo of the damages would help. Possibly a qualified flooring installer could do a repair. That is if you're out of warranty. You could possibly find a pice of flooring under the carpet. But if you are still under warranty I would speak with Heartland directly. I had my floor damaged during the warranty period by the slide ( the dealer screwed up). I opted not to replace the floor as the technician at Lazydays Rv in sefner Fl said he was going to stape the edges of the floor.
I used a heat gun and got it to lay flat and I have been good for six years. I also have a carpet runner over the repair. You can't find it unless you know where it is. Good luck
Enjoy your new home

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Greengas

I feel your pain. Back in 2013 when I picked up my new Heartland Landmark there were several problems that needed to be addressed including replacing the flooring. I had the same problem with the dealer saying one thing and HL saying another. To address that problem when the dealer told me "HL said" I would ask who called HL and when and who did they speak to. Then I would call HL and retrace those steps. In almost every case, the dealer was not telling the truth. I won't go into all the details about all the problems but just wanted to emphasize how important it is to be proactive and check and then double check both the dealer and HL actions. Don't take anyone's word for anything. And don't pay for repairs that should be under warranty.

Good Luck!

Jc55

I had issues with my door as well. On my Landmark that I purchased last April.
Like others have said here...don't take your dealer's word. Call customer Service and have your VIN# ready, they can tell you exactly what your dealer has submitted. In my case, there were items they never submitted a claim, items that were to be shipped but that Heartland "was slow to ship" but in fact, they hadn't even submitted the claim!
Regarding the door, I went to the National Rally (highly recommend attending) and their service team determined that the door was faulty. I was able to make an appointment to go to Elkhart and get it fixed as well as some other warranty items. As we have full body paint, its a bit more intensive that just getting a replacement door. On my door, you could see the inside part f the door "jiggling" inside the door frame in the lower right corner when swinging the door open and closed.