Issues with new Pioneer

eplaugher

I just got my travel trailer back from Camping World and the microwave still doesn't work and when it rained yesterday it is still leaking into the cargo bay and then inside the trailer. So Camping World said they did a Sealtech but the leak is still there. This is a brand new trailer and I have had a leak under the sink, leak into the cargo area, bad microwave, stove missing seals, gutter separating from the roof, stablizer bar not deploying, outside shower head leaking and on and on. I've only used it once and it's been getting "repaired" for over a month. So I've owned it for about 8 weeks and it's been in the shop for 6 weeks. So is this normal for a Heartland Pioneer to have so many issues being brand new and is this what I am in store for by owning a travel trailer? Or it that I just got a bad unit?

jerryjay11

We have a RL250 Pioneer and the issues with it were mostly caused by the dealer though they charged Heartland. The issues you are having is not a norm for Heartland, but the faulty repair is typical of CW. Since you didn't get a good repair I suggest you contact Heartland service and request a more reputable RV repair facility that will do the job correctly. Heartland is very good about backing up their rigs and approving self repairs or using other than Camping World.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like the problem is Camping World.
Contact Heartland and express your concerns, being calm of course. Ask for another dealer in your area or ask for an okay to have an independant RV service repair it.
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

eplaugher

So the stablizer jack not deploying (bad wiring) and two leaks one under the sink (PVC pipe resealed) and the current leak into the cargo area, the backup camera negitive connectin was broken and the camera housing leaked, a bad microwave, the outside shower head leaked and they had to replace it, the oven missing the seals are all Camping Worlds fault. Those issues came from the factory that way. I'm not taking up for Camping World because they are horrible but Camping World didn't cause these issues, they may not be able to fix them but they didn't cause them.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW...This is a brand new TT that I've only had about 8 weeks and only used it once. I understand that CW does poor work, I've seen it but it's a brand new trailer. It shouldn't have these issues.

jerryjay11

So the stablizer jack not deploying (bad wiring) and two leaks one under the sink (PVC pipe resealed) and the current leak into the cargo area, the backup camera negitive connectin was broken and the camera housing leaked, a bad microwave, the outside shower head leaked and they had to replace it, the oven missing the seals are all Camping Worlds fault. Those issues came from the factory that way. I'm not taking up for Camping World because they are horrible but Camping World didn't cause these issues, they may not be able to fix them but they didn't cause them.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW...This is a brand new TT that I've only had about 8 weeks and only used it once. I understand that CW does poor work, I've seen it but it's a brand new trailer. It shouldn't have these issues.

I said; "We have a RL250 Pioneer and the issues with it were mostly caused by the dealer though they charged Heartland." Didn't suggest your rig was dealer caused issues, our TT that was case. I am just saying Heartland will back up their product and will work with you to get it done to your satisfaction. Contact them as suggested and let Heartland know your concerns about it not being fixed properly.

eplaugher

jerryjay11 I have been in contact with Heartland from the beginning. My comment about Camping World was directed at Dave and not you. I appreciate you sharing your experience with me, I am just so very frustrated with all of this. I have had a horrible experience with CW and will not be taking my trailer back to them but many, if not all of the issues came from the Heartland factory that way.

BTW...It's a brand new travel trailer.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The worst business decision I have ever heard of was Heartland building exclusive models for CW, and then putting their name on them.