It was a great ride...

2010augusta

Well we are finally RVless. Had the Landmark sell to another young couple in Utah back in June, and Just sold the F-450 to a family in Wheatland, WY to haul a horse trailer for the rodeo.

I start classes at the University on Monday, So I will go from driving a 10,000# Ford truck to riding a 26" mountain bike.

We will miss all the sights and places we saw while on the road, but settling down is what had to happen, besides the second bedroom has already been transformed into a nursery, since Sandy and I are expecting our first in December. How many other 20-somethings can claim that they full-timed for 2.5 years in a Landmark.

If we had it all to do all over again we would not do much different.

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum for all your help, it has been my pleasure to be a moderator, wiki-editor, and member. I will continue to pop in from time to time, but I doubt I will be making many new posts.

By the way if anyone needs to sell a truck or trailer Craigslist works great as long as you use common sense to avoid the spammers and scammers. Both units sold within 2 weeks of the initial posting.

Thanks again

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Alan, Thanks for your contribution to the Heartland Forum. I know you'll be missed. I would also bet you'll be back in an RV of some sort in a few years. Once it's in your blood, it doesn't go away. Best wishes to you and yours and have a blast whatever you may be doing. Stay Safe!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Alan, good luck, study hard and maybe we'll see you on the road somewhere.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks for all you did Alan! Sorry our paths never crossed, but hope they do in the future. Best wishes and good luck with your studies and new career.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good luck, Alan! I, for one, always looked for your posts to be informative and worth reading. From my standpoint, I'd say stay with the forums and when you see something you've experienced, share it.

jimtoo

Alan,, I have got to echo what all the others that have posted. I would really like to see you stay aboard and help us out with your knowledge. But I do understand that studies can and will take a lot of time. But don't forget to devote a great deal of time to your wonderful wife and the new one that your expecting. Those are your most valued assets. Keep us informed as to your studies, your wife and child.

With the National Rally being in Gillette, WY next year...You and your family could maybe visit with us at the rally.

Jim M

loafer

Hey Alan
Congrats on getting into university and persuing your dreams. Yes family first and an RV later in life maybe.
Always enjoyed your posts and info that you shared.
a wise man once shared this with me about going to school that tough semesters never last but tough students do.
Hang in there and before you know it there will be a Doctor in front of your name.
Best regards
Bill

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Alan we will miss you,but congratulations on your new lifestyle.Being a dad is great!Keep us posted on how things are going.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hey Allen, When your little bundle of joy comes I am sure all would love to see pictures and know that all went well for the baby and Sandy. Good luck on your new adventures it has been nice talking to you on chat once in a while. Take care !!