J wrap replacement

JeremyH

I have a 2014 Silverado 36tb and had a tire blow out and resulting damage was to the driver side j wrap and the plastic skirt above the wheels. Can I order the parts from the factory? If so does the j wrap come painted or just plain metal? Thanks for the help in advance

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello JeremyH and welcome to this great forum.
You can order those parts from Heartland Parts but the shipping might be a killer as the J-wrap comes in, I think, 10 foot sections.
It is white.
They will also have the fenders.
You might contact your dealer and if they have other parts on order you might save some on shipping.

Peace
Dave

JeremyH

Thanks cookie, I don’t have a dealer very close maybe 3 hours away or a little less. That’s the issue as well but I will start calling tomorrow.

Garypowell

Had the same need about 7 years ago so he story is old. Got the fender skirt from HL but the cost of the metal was out of this world....again my be different now.

So so I looked in the town I was in for a “metal fab company”. Found one and went through their left over stock. Found a perfect piece, paid $10 for it and fabbed my own piece.

It was slightly thicker than the OEM pieces but you’d never know.

Used a coke bottle to make the bend.

JeremyH

Update I called HL and they have the J wrap for 50$ and the plastic skirt for 37$ and rough shipping is 112$. The j wrap comes in black 12ft section, so it has to be painted. All and all less than my deductible as long as paint doesn’t get me. Thanks for the responses

danemayer

You might check with your dealer to see if they have any rigs being delivered in the near future. You might be able to have the parts shipped inside the coach at no charge.

JeremyH

I appreciate the thought but the dealer I got it from is 3 hours away so the 6 hrs round trip isn’t worth the 112 dollars to me. Thanks for thinking about it thought. This is a great forum and look forward to other questions in the future.