(joke) on the sixth day...

ILH

On the sixth day, God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said, "Today I am going to create a land called Canada. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon."
God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."
"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians??"
"Not really," replied God.. "Just wait and see the winters I am going to give them!"

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
So much truth! I have traveled in much of Canada and it is spectacular. I lived in Ontario as a child and we built igloos and played soccer in the snow at recess and had toboggan runs through the woods behind the school. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!!!!

olcoon

Got to agree, in my limited travels in Canada, the above is very true! I remember while fishing at a lodge up there, someone was talking to one of the Indian guides, & asked him, "What do you do in the winter?" Cut wood. "What do you do for entrainment?" Cut wood "What do you do to unwind?" Cut wood "is that all you do all winter…cut wood?" No we have to haul it too.