Just moved to Laramie

2010augusta

We are now officially in Laramie, WY. We hated to leave Gig Harbor, WA, but in the end it will cost so much less for me to get another degree here in WY than in WA.

We stayed in Heyburn, ID one night and stayed next to a Big Country that was skirted. We did not get a chance to make contact with them, as we arrived late and left very early.

We made the trip in 2.5 days and had back-to-back 530 mile days. The trip was pretty good except for Blue Mountain/Cabbage hilll on I-84 in OR and wind and blowing Snow on I-80 in WY.

lwmcguir

Sounds like quite a change of environment. I will be curious as to how you like it there. We enjoy the country there traveling through and usually do every 3-4 years. It is a long way across WY but worth it to get to Yellowstone Park. What degree are you pursuing now?

2010augusta

Sounds like quite a change of environment. I will be curious as to how you like it there. We enjoy the country there traveling through and usually do every 3-4 years. It is a long way across WY but worth it to get to Yellowstone Park. What degree are you pursuing now?

So far it has been VERY windy and cold. The wind was strong enough to rock the trailer noticeably even with the strong-arms locked in.

It might take a few months to get used to the absence of trees and water.

I am going back to school to get a PharmD degree so in a few more years ya'll can call me Doc Brown.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Well, Congratulations! I am glad things worked out for you but sorry you won't be around our state anymore. Just in case you were wondering...it's raining here today!

Best of wishes with your new career.

rjr6150

Welcome to Wy. I believe the wind blow 99% of the time there. If you ever make it to Sidney, NE. give me a shout.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Glad to hear you're pursuing a degree that has the probability of gainful employment at the end. Didn't want to think you just needed another sheepskin to cover a hole in the wall :D.

Good Luck!

loafer

Hey Alan
Wishing you well with your new studies. What a contrast from the WET COAST to the dry interior.Life will soon change for you folks with a little one running around .Hope to see you in Gillette in 2012
Best regards
Bill

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
alan - i've enjoyed following along with ya'll adventures. and how impressive that you are continuing in your expanding the mind (plus great field to be in). let us know more about how WY is. We have traveled thru Cody & Cheyenne but didn't make it over to Laramie.
Good luck

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Alan & Sandy, Best of luck with the move. Quite a change of environment for sure. Hope to meet you in 2012 if you're still there and go to the Rally.

skyguy

Alan and family -
Welcome to the Rocky Mtns. Yep wind blows much of the time there. You'll get used to it. Not a question of "Will it blow today", but more "How hard?" Especially along that I-80 corridor.

Hey, our Spring Colorado rally is just a couple stones throw from you now, and we got some slots open yet. Think about dropping down to Ft. Collins in June and join us!

Al Schlafli
wagonmaster - Colorado 2011 Spring Rally

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Alan,

Good luck with your new pursuit.

If you get a chance, take some pictures of your area. Would love to see what it looks like there.