Just ordered the 3600, new floorplan this year, what issues can I expect?

Aggie_90

Hey Cyclone owners! I have just today ordered the 3600 model. Dealer says it will be ready in 6 to 7 weeks so I am trying to learn as much as I can before I drive 800 miles to pick it up. I have found the PDI checklist and will definitely be using it. I would like to hear other 3600 owners who have had theirs for a few weeks (Model came out in January I was told) tell me what to expect and what I should look for specifically for that model. My family is really excited to get into the toy hauler class as we have always had a bunkhouse model before. Thanks in advance for any information you wish to give me!

Chris Evers
LtCol USAF (retired)

2018 Heartland Cyclone 3600
2008 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback

2016 Ford F350, SRW, 6.7 Turbo Diesel

danemayer

Hi Aggie_90,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Be sure to check out the Owners Club and click on the EVENTS tab at top of page to see upcoming events in your area.

So far the Hot Water heater had a leak on the intake part of it. To which we had water under the fireplace and running to the side of the room then outside we just found it on our 5th trip in it. So the floor is soft in the very corner to the left of the fireplace. I installed the back up camera which did not work because the factory did not put a fuse up front. Lots of trim that came lose, and you can see day light around front door on the bottom right if inside the unit looking out. Air coming in from the bottom of the fireplace. Surround sound does play if watching cable or over the air TV which really ******* me off. Along with the lights over the love seats that has one switch that controls the two bright lights along with the LED strip. Unlike ALL THE OTHER LED STRIP that have there on switch. Well its in the shop for warranty work now.

2018 3600 Cyclone.

VTA_slug

So far the Hot Water heater had a leak on the intake part of it. To which we had water under the fireplace and running to the side of the room then outside we just found it on our 5th trip in it. So the floor is soft in the very corner to the left of the fireplace. I installed the back up camera which did not work because the factory did not put a fuse up front. Lots of trim that came lose, and you can see day light around front door on the bottom right if inside the unit looking out. Air coming in from the bottom of the fireplace. Surround sound does play if watching cable or over the air TV which really ******* me off. Along with the lights over the love seats that has one switch that controls the two bright lights along with the LED strip. Unlike ALL THE OTHER LED STRIP that have there on switch. Well its in the shop for warranty work now.

2018 3600 Cyclone.
I've pretty much had all the same issues except the water heater (knock on wood). If you haven't used the furnace yet... you have to go outside (do this before your trip) and open up the cover plate to the furnace. There is an on and off switch for the gas up to left hand side. Ours was in the off position and it took me 2 hours to figure it out. I used a long handled screw driver to reach it. Also check your awning anchor bolts. I found one stripped out and not holding down the top support arm. We also have issues with the stove lighting. If you pay for extra stuff like the party patio, make sure you have to cables to hold the ramp up. We didn't get ours and its been 2 months and all we got was one cable then 2 weeks later another cable.... but no anchors to connect them!! Pretty frustrating when you pay $$$ for a new 5th wheel. Also the dealership closed a slide with a drawer open and broke it. They sent a new one but in pieces. it's up to me to put the drawer, side rollers, the face, and handle together.. Also the door trim into the garage is popping off. All warranty issues which seems to take forever!! I hope you have a flawless experience!! And please read my post about the grey and black tank handles.. happy GLAMPING!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danemayer

I've pretty much had all the same issues except the water heater (knock on wood). If you haven't used the furnace yet... you have to go outside (do this before your trip) and open up the cover plate to the furnace. There is an on and off switch for the gas up to left hand side. Ours was in the off position and it took me 2 hours to figure it out. I used a long handled screw driver to reach it.

What kind of furnace do you have? On the Suburban furnaces I've seen, the cover plate is not typically removed except for service, and I've never heard of an on/off switch under the cover.

Are you maybe talking about the Suburban Water Heater? They have a rocker switch in the lower left hand corner, under the cover. But the Water Heater cover is easily removed without tools and you shouldn't need a screwdriver to get to the rocker switch.

???

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
What kind of furnace do you have? On the Suburban furnaces I've seen, the cover plate is not typically removed except for service, and I've never heard of an on/off switch under the cover.

Are you maybe talking about the Suburban Water Heater? They have a rocker switch in the lower left hand corner, under the cover. But the Water Heater cover is easily removed without tools and you shouldn't need a screwdriver to get to the rocker switch.

???

There is one inside mine (on/off switch) Dan. Don’t know why but I have had cover off several times now to fix an intermittent propane leak when new and just recently the control board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTA_slug

???
I couldn't tell you the name brand right now but I'm 100% positive it is the furnace. The next time I have to access it I will take pictures.

Aggie_90

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. I received my 3600 around the end of June and had a few problems due to delivery (broken backsplash, trim and such).

To Helicowboy: I had the same problem with the backup camera. I installed it myself as I didn't want to pay $750 extra dollars for a $200 camera that plugs in. I had to pull the wiring out of the back to see the color and run down the wiring where I found that the factory did not install the fuse. Frustrating. I don't have any issues with the main door but we don't use it... at all. I am planning to pull the steps and install a pantry and storage there. We only go in through the garage where we can wipe our feet and drop off wet/dirty shoes and clothes. Also, my light switches don't have the same issues as yours, ie one switch, one light.

To VTA_slug: Thanks for the info on the furnace. I have tried to run it this winter and couldn't get it to work. We have made due with the fireplace and been OK. I did have a problem with my patio but not because of parts. The workmanship was **** poor. I had to move all the mounting hardware for the steps and fence to get them to work together. It appeared that they just installed them without even attaching the fence and steps together. The black and grey handles confused me at first and then ****** me off when I figured them out. Now I have labels on everything.

Other issues: We ordered the third AC as we live in Texas. The electrical management system is supposed to handle and allocate power (sometimes turning off compressors to allow microwave use, not starting all three AC's at the same time, etc) to handle running three but it doesn't. In fact, I think it gets confused and only allows one AC to run at a time. Made for a hot summer for my son in the back. We also have a problem with the chair that has to be moved each time you close up the slides. It is poorly made and the arm will not stay on. Next problem, TV cables. None of mine were tightened up at the back of my panel. I had to take off the board in the storage area to get to the back of the panel to find out the some were barely screwed in and some were hanging off back. No issues with the water heater!

Anyone else have a problem with the way the king bed is built? Mine has a piece of OSB (plywood) that the mattress sits on that has square corners and I hit my shin on it every time I have to make the bed. Unbelievably crappy design. Also, bathroom sinks are a pain to use along with no real storage in the bathrooms for towels and such. The TV in the garage was essentially useless so I moved it to the fence for the loft and added an Xbox and dvd player for my son.

Other than that we love the floor plan even if the TV in the living room is a little big for the small space.

VTA_slug

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. I received my 3600 around the end of June and had a few problems due to delivery (broken backsplash, trim and such).

To Helicowboy: I had the same problem with the backup camera. I installed it myself as I didn't want to pay $750 extra dollars for a $200 camera that plugs in. I had to pull the wiring out of the back to see the color and run down the wiring where I found that the factory did not install the fuse. Frustrating. I don't have any issues with the main door but we don't use it... at all. I am planning to pull the steps and install a pantry and storage there. We only go in through the garage where we can wipe our feet and drop off wet/dirty shoes and clothes. Also, my light switches don't have the same issues as yours, ie one switch, one light.

To VTA_slug: Thanks for the info on the furnace. I have tried to run it this winter and couldn't get it to work. We have made due with the fireplace and been OK. I did have a problem with my patio but not because of parts. The workmanship was **** poor. I had to move all the mounting hardware for the steps and fence to get them to work together. It appeared that they just installed them without even attaching the fence and steps together. The black and grey handles confused me at first and then ****** me off when I figured them out. Now I have labels on everything.

Other issues: We ordered the third AC as we live in Texas. The electrical management system is supposed to handle and allocate power (sometimes turning off compressors to allow microwave use, not starting all three AC's at the same time, etc) to handle running three but it doesn't. In fact, I think it gets confused and only allows one AC to run at a time. Made for a hot summer for my son in the back. We also have a problem with the chair that has to be moved each time you close up the slides. It is poorly made and the arm will not stay on. Next problem, TV cables. None of mine were tightened up at the back of my panel. I had to take off the board in the storage area to get to the back of the panel to find out the some were barely screwed in and some were hanging off back. No issues with the water heater!

Anyone else have a problem with the way the king bed is built? Mine has a piece of OSB (plywood) that the mattress sits on that has square corners and I hit my shin on it every time I have to make the bed. Unbelievably crappy design. Also, bathroom sinks are a pain to use along with no real storage in the bathrooms for towels and such. The TV in the garage was essentially useless so I moved it to the fence for the loft and added an Xbox and dvd player for my son.

Other than that we love the floor plan even if the TV in the living room is a little big for the small space.
I would like to see pictures of your relocation of your garage tv. We hate the location of it. Pretty much everything else you've listed we also have had problems with it. I've now notice that a seal on top of the main (right) slide out is now loose and flopping around. Also inside the door jams with the weather stripping... it seems that they put the stripping on first then the hinges which leaves a gap for dust and other junk come in when in travel. Just more stuff you have to take care of. I've also installed white LED lights above the axle tires so I can see the rear when driving and parking at night.

Aggie_90

I would like to see pictures of your relocation of your garage tv. We hate the location of it. Pretty much everything else you've listed we also have had problems with it. I've now notice that a seal on top of the main (right) slide out is now loose and flopping around. Also inside the door jams with the weather stripping... it seems that they put the stripping on first then the hinges which leaves a gap for dust and other junk come in when in travel. Just more stuff you have to take care of. I've also installed white LED lights above the axle tires so I can see the rear when driving and parking at night.

Garage TV Mount 4.jpg Garage TV Mount 1.jpgTrying to upload pictures to this forum is a pain in the A**. It always seems to rotate the picture 90 degrees from how you took it. The mounting board has a backer board the exact same size behind the fence/rail to support and spread the load along the whole length. I got the drop down TV mount from Amazon but don't have the link. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Garage TV Mount 1.jpg
    Garage TV Mount 1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Garage TV Mount 2.jpg
    Garage TV Mount 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 25

LBR

View attachment 58295 View attachment 58296Trying to upload pictures to this forum is a pain in the A**. It always seems to rotate the picture 90 degrees from how you took it. The mounting board has a backer board the exact same size behind the fence/rail to support and spread the load along the whole length. I got the drop down TV mount from Amazon but don't have the link. Hope this helps.

Three posts and now condeming...ease up and enjoy the site to make our first impressions of you golden. This isn't FaceBook to rant on.