Just purchased 2011 - Road warrior rw 405 help need truck to haul it

Hi all.

Just purchased rw 405. We are seasonal campers however would like to travel once in a while with family. Looking for advice on best quad truck to pull the 5th wheel and haul wife and 3 kids Trying to keep cost under 15k.

Also it seems the awning is quite long but put in a strange spot. With the slide out taking up half of the awning space it is almost impossible to even get a table under it. Any ideas to add additional awnings or
Move the exisiting one?

jimtoo

HI Lukedukemi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

With the Road Warrior RW 405 your going to need a 1 ton truck. I'm sure you will get more replies from other owners soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Look at the total gross weight weight of the trailer not just the empty weight and size the truck according to what it is rated to pull..and haul. as the tongue weight comes into play as well. You cannot get a truck that's too big. My guess is that you will be looking for a crew cab dually of some sort. I have no idea what you can get in your price range..Good luck..Don