keeping my sanity in a chaotic world!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well isn't this a crafty bunch of RVer's... I have to get Lin signed up here so she can be a part of our forum. She has magical fingers for crocheting. She's working on a dress for one of our grand daughters right now. Before we went full time and "loaned" my shop equipment to my Son, I dabbled in outdoor furniture. Maybe one day I can borrow my equipment back.
Lin has also become known to leave hand painted bugs in inconspicuous places around RV parks or friends trailers.

Attachments

• 104-0482_IMG.JPG
    104-0482_IMG.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 104-0461_IMG.JPG
    104-0461_IMG.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 83

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ray you could leave a couple of those chairs next to our coach. Don't forget a table either. ;)

RanCarr

A handy, non-lethal cat deflecting/training/get your keister off of there before I shoot you device is a simple bicycle horn, available at Walmarts or any bike shop. A couple of toots and they fly. We've got our two brats conditioned to all we have to do is reach for it and they move. And find some other mischief to get into. We tried squirt bottles and all we got were wet cats.

Thanks for that idea, but leaving a partly done jigsaw puzzle where they can jump on and walk on it when we're not in the TT wont work. The sneaky little critters will wait until we're outside, then jump up.... like they do on the kitchen counters. They leave the evidence behind every time. Little paw prints and cat hair. :D The water spray did work well in training our cats. They're such individuals I believe all you got were wet cats. For some cats it does work. We mainly used it to stop them from trying to leave the TT when we opened the door. They're indoor-only cats. Sadly we've seen cats (and dogs) left behind in campgrounds that escaped their TTs or 5th wheels or whatever, and the owners had to leave them behind. Where we live, unless fed, they don't survive the winters. :(

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Beautiful work!! I sometimes take clay projects to sand while sitting around. This is something I made to match the new ElkridgeView attachment 15008

I love this project! I hope you are selling these...I think that they would sell well.

Very nice work. I like to sew and do jigsaw-puzzles but I don't have room for the sewing stuff in our TT and the cats would undo any puzzle left on the table unfinished. There's no high place like at home to put them. So I concentrate on PC games, reading, TV (cheap horror movies from Wal*Mart) and other things that don't take up much space and that the cats can't get into. :)

RanCarr, if you like to do jigsaw puzzles, check out lenagames.com. She has several programs for doing all sorts of puzzles. I have had Big Jig and Jigmaker for years and put it on all three puters. Paid for it once. With jigmaker you can turn your own pictures into puzzles and you don't have to be on line to do them.
Training cats is a problem. Takes something different for each one. Biggest problem I had was with a cat I inherited from my Mother. This little Siameze liked to bite. Hard. Drew blood. Bit if you pet her, bit if you picked her up, bit if you put her down. A loud NO, DON'T BITE, and a thump on her head finally worked. Turned into a loving lap cat. Her other problem was scratching furniture but ended that almost immediatly. Praise when she used her scratching post. Became automatic and it worked.

Try http://puzzleattic.com for free jigsaw puzzles. You can also upload your own pictures to be made into jigsaw puzzles that you can solve online as well.

Well isn't this a crafty bunch of RVer's... I have to get Lin signed up here so she can be a part of our forum. She has magical fingers for crocheting. She's working on a dress for one of our grand daughters right now. Before we went full time and "loaned" my shop equipment to my Son, I dabbled in outdoor furniture. Maybe one day I can borrow my equipment back.
Lin has also become known to leave hand painted bugs in inconspicuous places around RV parks or friends trailers.

​Beautiful furniture, Ray! I'd love to see a pic of one of Lin's 'bugs'....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well isn't this a crafty bunch of RVer's..Before we went full time and "loaned" my shop equipment to my Son, I dabbled in outdoor furniture. Maybe one day I can borrow my equipment back.

Ray, I love the moose! You need to create a Big Horn Sheep and an Elk, too, (slightly smaller scale maybe), but you might get some buyers at the Rallies!

E

JSMagill

I enjoy making cards. I have a bag that goes with us that has the basics of what I might need. I will bring along a kit that will make 10 cards. It is enough to quinch my need to be creative.

Ann_Mayer

I enjoy making cards too. I bring supplies pertinent to the season, add scenic or funny photos from our travels, a short letter and send them to elderly friends who don't use computers. Its a creative outlet for me and brings a little joy to folks who can no longer travel.