keeping my sanity in a chaotic world!

archbarb

I have been dabbling in scroll sawing for about 15 years...I find it's a great hiding place for me when I don't want to "participate"! This year I have been dragging all my scrolling and painting stuff in our BC and have found many new friends through curiosity at what I'm doing. It's been fun creating things on the road and sharing them with others!!! I will be participating in one show only this year... the Shrimp and Grits Festival on Jekyll Island GA...I realized after I made the committment that shows just aren't for me! I knew that but had to bring it back from the deep recesses of my mind! I want to keep my crafting fun and above all else, HAPPY!
The above photo is the "ARCHBARB" brand!!! What fun it was trying to figure out how to make it and cutting it out without screaming blue murder!! My theme for 2011 is Vintage Icons.

Attachments

• IMG00253-20110525-1901.jpg
    IMG00253-20110525-1901.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG00256-20110526-1738 00000.jpg
    IMG00256-20110526-1738 00000.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG00252-20110518-1046.jpg
    IMG00252-20110518-1046.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG00313-20110706-0848.jpg
    IMG00313-20110706-0848.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Imported Photos 00309.JPG
    Imported Photos 00309.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG00326-20110720-1158.jpg
    IMG00326-20110720-1158.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 81

archbarb

I appreciate all the great comments but I want to see what you are doing!! It might give me some inspiration!!!!
Barb

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you carve a lazy guy sitting in his recliner after a hard days work? That's about all the energy I have after being at work all day. Especially after a 30 day stretch without a day off. But I hope to get some sort of hobby at some time. Maybe even checking eyelids for pinholes.

ankie3467

Beautiful work!! I sometimes take clay projects to sand while sitting around. This is something I made to match the new ElkridgeMake memories charm.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
IMG_6006.jpgIMG_6007.jpg

I'm a scrapbooker! I've been doing this for about 12 years, but I have so little time... I decided to do 8.5"x8.5" albums, because I can accomplish a lot of different-looking pages in a shorter amount of time (usually just 3-4 pics max). I have a rolling suitcase of stuff I can take with me on a trip, and the desk in our Elk Ridge is just great for doing projects! So these albums are our trailer trips, starting with our first trailer, the North Trail. (sorry the pics are bad, not good lighting and camera phone.)

Erika

Attachments

• IMG_6007.jpg
    IMG_6007.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 39

archbarb

I love it! Is it difficult to work with the polymer clays!... I've often thought of trying it but am a little intimidated. My son's girlfriend makes jewelry and does a beautiful job....but she seems to have more patience than me!
Barb

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Barb, she get's her own page in the trip book, as I go along. But that would be cute to have her own book!

E

RanCarr

Very nice work. I like to sew and do jigsaw-puzzles but I don't have room for the sewing stuff in our TT and the cats would undo any puzzle left on the table unfinished. There's no high place like at home to put them. So I concentrate on PC games, reading, TV (cheap horror movies from Wal*Mart) and other things that don't take up much space and that the cats can't get into. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Very nice work. I like to sew and do jigsaw-puzzles but I don't have room for the sewing stuff in our TT and the cats would undo any puzzle left on the table unfinished. There's no high place like at home to put them. So I concentrate on PC games, reading, TV (cheap horror movies from Wal*Mart) and other things that don't take up much space and that the cats can't get into. :)

A handy, non-lethal cat deflecting/training/get your keister off of there before I shoot you device is a simple bicycle horn, available at Walmarts or any bike shop. A couple of toots and they fly. We've got our two brats conditioned to all we have to do is reach for it and they move. And find some other mischief to get into. We tried squirt bottles and all we got were wet cats.

Manzan

RanCarr, if you like to do jigsaw puzzles, check out lenagames.com. She has several programs for doing all sorts of puzzles. I have had Big Jig and Jigmaker for years and put it on all three puters. Paid for it once. With jigmaker you can turn your own pictures into puzzles and you don't have to be on line to do them.
Training cats is a problem. Takes something different for each one. Biggest problem I had was with a cat I inherited from my Mother. This little Siameze liked to bite. Hard. Drew blood. Bit if you pet her, bit if you picked her up, bit if you put her down. A loud NO, DON'T BITE, and a thump on her head finally worked. Turned into a loving lap cat. Her other problem was scratching furniture but ended that almost immediatly. Praise when she used her scratching post. Became automatic and it worked.

ankie3467

I love it! Is it difficult to work with the polymer clays!... I've often thought of trying it but am a little intimidated. My son's girlfriend makes jewelry and does a beautiful job....but she seems to have more patience than me!
Barb

It is addicting! But so rewarding. I generally dont make beads, just lots of other "stuff" !!