KIB control panel in 2019 Newport,

rch

When I press the edge light control button on 2019 Newport, the lights over the island blink momentarily. On the main control panel the green light flashes for about 4 seconds. We have been stationary for 2 weeks and no issues until now. All other lights work. Looking for the location of the KIB control board for possible troubleshooting. Manual for KIB advises it could be a wiring or grounding issue. Thanks for any advice since unit is out of warranty.

danemayer

The latest KIB has the control board and related components behind a panel in the pass through basement storage. Earlier versions were behind a panel in a cabinet or closet. I've seen one in the hallway. The panel was near floor level.

rch

Yes, thanks. The control modules for the KIB Lighting system on 2019 Newport is just above the circuit breaker box hidden in the cabinets. Apparently I have a short in the wiring going to the kitchen slideout. I cut the blue wire which goes to slideout As you can see in lower left. The orange wire goes to the pendant lights over the island. For now, the switch and the pendant lights work.

Attachments

• 57B3FCC8-95D2-4C7E-B22C-04834534D354.jpeg
    57B3FCC8-95D2-4C7E-B22C-04834534D354.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 20